Download Problems (Not the DLS this Time)

torino72

Anyone else having this problem? I cannot download anything from 2wayne.com that is over 50mb in size. These are RAR files. I'm having great difficulty downloading ZIP files larger than 50mb from TrainzSessions.com. Anything smaller than 50mb has not been a problem from either of these two sites or any other site.

This has been a problem for 3 or 4 months now. I've run tests on my PC (a Windows XP, SP3 system) and also brought in a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 and get similar results with both. My ISP is Aristotle.net and I've spoken with them and they know of no network problems or restrictions that should affect my downloading of any file of any size. They even brought me a new router "just in case" but that did not fix the problem.

In addition to talking with the ISP I've tried downloading with both Google Chrome and IE8, changed the cable between the router and PC, turned off the virus scanner, shut down and rebooted the PC, and run some malware software (Malwarebytes) in case my Defender Pro 15 in 1 virus program is missing something.

To give you some scope of the problem, on 5 Oct I tried to download the new DME Hopper pack from TrainsSessions. It is an 85mb ZIP file. It took me 8 tried to get a successful download using both Google Chrome and IE8. The first 7 stopped at between 38mb and 83mb. On 6 Oct using the substitue laptop I successfully downloaded two files from TrainzSessions that were 85mb and 110mb on the first attempts. I tried two RAR files from 2Wayne.com of 83mb and 125mb and both failed. I switched to my desktop PC and attempted the same downloads. It took me two tries to get the 85mb ZIP file and 1 try to get the 125mb one. I tried downloading three RAR files from 2Wayne and they all failed. I tried a 10mb RAR file from 2Wayne and it downloaded with no problem.

Tonight (7 Oct) I just finished downloading a 235mb CDP file from JointedRail, a 43.9mb CDP and 37mb ZIP file from RRMods, and a 34.4mb Zip file from TrainzSessions with no problem but had two failures trying to get a 74.9mb RAR file off the 2Wayne site.

I'm leaning toward some sort of network (ISP) or backbone problem but I wanted to see if anyone else is having similar problems with these downloads.

Last edited:
Back