DLC-cannot use the download helper

JP_Quiggle

I was trying to use the download helper in the Download station and this message popped up "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (trainz) isn't associated with any program." It did the same thing when I used Internet Explorer too. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

The likely cause is that you are not running Trainz as administrator.

This is required for Windows Vista and Windows 7 (Home Premium).

You will need to do the following: (Note, that the same or very similar advice is also available on my tutorial website)

1.Right-click your Trainz shortcut.
2.Click Properties.
3.Click Compatibilty.
4.Tick the box labelled 'run this program as an administrator', then click OK to confirm.

Note: You may have to confirm this change through User Account Control.

Once this is done, run Content Manager once.

Shane

I think I might have a problem with that because I bought Trainz Simulator 2012 from Steam. I put that one to run as an Administrator. Will that help?

-Justin

The Steam version is a bit trickier to work with.

Best thing to do (as I have done with a different Steam game) is to apply the fix to the Steam client shortcut itself.

Shane

You need to tell Fire Fox to open Content Manager when it encounters a CDP file.

In Fire Fox go to Tools, Options and then the Applications tab.
For CDP file type, which should be listed on the left, choose what you want Fire Fox to do when downloading this file. There are three options, Always ask, save, or Use Other...

Choose your option, for me it's save because I like to save my CDPs file for opening up later in CM.

John

Back