CSX Greatlakes Division-Fostoria/N.Baltimore Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

amrail2000

GONE AND FORGOTTEN
I'm not going to stick this in the content creators section as this route has just gotten started. So I'll be progress shots of my work here. Now for some info on the route. The CSX Transportation Great lakes Division covers the towns of Fostoria and North Baltimore, Ohio. The latter being the site of CSX's newest intermodal facility which is already slated for expansion. This route will cover both towns and most likely the huge yard in Willard. I pooled my resources with in CSX to get some inside information on the route which will go into the route. As always it my hope that you guys will like the shots. So let's get the ball rolling on the first two screenshots.

No one starts out an expert. Even when it comes to real world model trains. Even now I do mistakes. I am most likely the only one who would even know about these errors, but the fact is I would know and that would drive me crazy. Let me reference the two pics below. The first looks good, but the crane and part of the building sit right where a road should be. Also the suspended counter weight would be swinging into some ones house. Not good. Also in real life this would never happen. Now in the bottom pic is how the scene should look. My point here is so what if you goof. Pick your self, take a deep breadth, grab a soda or cup of coffee, and jump back in. And if no one likes your work, forget them. It's about what you want.
amrail2000_20111018_0000.jpg

amrail2000_20111019_0000.jpg

I live about 6 miles south of the line. I created my own route of it but would be willing to help.

Well after almost a month of steady work, I finally took a chunk out of the town of Fostoria Ohio. This is where I warn you not to use my routes as street maps. I'm not in the business of making maps. I create routes. While I try to get every aspect of the route 98% accurate, roads that some distance from the tracks can and will be omitted. Anything close to tracks is reproduced as much as possible. With that said I present to you the town of Fostoria, Ohio. The next 45 screenshots are done on one board. From here I'm going to move west on the Norfolk Southern to a point where I place the first portal. From there, who knows. I may go back East and finish Fostoria. As always, it is my hope that you enjoy these.

The first group is a short (very short) Norfolk Southern empty grain train traveling East through Fostoria.
amrail2000_20111020_0000.jpg
amrail2000_20111020_0001.jpg
amrail2000_20111020_0002.jpg
amrail2000_20111020_0003.jpg
amrail2000_20111020_0004.jpg
amrail2000_20111020_0005.jpg
amrail2000_20111020_0006.jpg

This route is by no means vapor ware or close to it. At the present time I'm working on the west end of Fostoria on the Norfolk Southern tracks. This where there are multiple large grain elevators. So getting things set up just right is proving time consuming. Dealing with a sinus infection isn't helping matters any.

I had the old cam up but as you know that cam came down rather quickly. So upon hearing the new location of another cam I have set up the in game in the general location. Not knowing it's exact location I had to guess.

Nice pics, except for a couple of kinked tracks I'd say it's coming along very well.

Congrats on the route so far.

I do appreciate the use of UltraTreez that were built in to TS12. :wave:

Euphod, Once I post the new set of screen shots up you notice that I got the kink in the track taken care of. I am however surprised that you didn't notice the power pole going thru the bed of the truck.

McGuirel, I wanted this route to be user friendly and accurate at the same time. So While I did use the Ultra trees, I also got picky with the ones I used.

To both you guys, I greatly thank you for your comments.

Last edited:
Ok, The west end of Fostoria is complete as far as the pain the butt structures go. Grade crossing arms are in and tested. Next is scenery and post screen shots.

Using FT 1000m Straight is a great guide to straighten track allignment.
This is not my first route. Why don't you give me the needed chance to new the screen shots up. The good thing about screen shots is they allow the creator to a chance to sit back and see their route through the eyes of some one else. That is the case with out of alignment track (It's not kinked). Once I get the new shots up you'll see that the track problem has been fixed. I am so surprised that not one of you noticed that there is a power pole going right thru the bed of a truck. That also has been fixed. Also there is no need to type in bold face fonts. I can read.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back