Fostoria Iron Triangle

SuperFudd

Hi all. I have been working on my Fostoria Ohio route for at least two years. It is finished and will be uploaded "soon". There are three double track lines, two CSX and a Norfolk Southern, that intersect in Fostoria at the "Iron Triangle" rail park. There are at least 5 cams there and are my inspiration for this project. I have ~12 miles of each line represented, centered on the triangle. Most of the information used in it's creation is from Google Maps. I have never been there.

https://images.n3vgames.com/trainzp...ts/386573/1000/My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all. I have been working on my Fostoria Ohio route for at least two years. It is finished and will be uploaded "soon". There are three double track lines, two CSX and a Norfolk Southern, that intersect in Fostoria at the "Iron Triangle" rail park. There are at least 5 cams there and are my inspiration for this project. I have ~12 miles of each line represented, centered on the triangle. Most of the information used in it's creation is from Google Maps. I have never been there.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hi SuperFudd,

Fellow Fostoria modeler here. You may be falling a little behind with respect to the land use inside the iron triangle itself....

Your screenshot shows the slab foundation for the old slaughterhouse that was inside the iron triangle west of the Iron Triangle RailPark. More recently, this land was purchased and the old concrete slabs removed. There is brand new construction on the site of the slaughterhouse as shown in this overhead shot:

Capture.png

Hi Deneban.

Yes I watched it being built and was a bit ticked off since it blocked the view so I chose to ignore it, besides the slab was still there when I started this project maybe three years ago. On the other hand the Saint Wendlen High School on North County Line Street was still standing three years ago and I could not figure how to represent it properly. Problem solved when I saw it had disappeared.

I hate it when real estate is built that blocks railfanning. We did get a couple of new cams on the north side of the triangle to compensate.

I noticed you posted this in 3 forums and that's a no no. I noticed also you tried to delete this one, maybe for that reason.

Last edited:
Back