Trackside Cameras

rhban

What happened to trackside cameras?
I can't say they were an essential part of my Trainz life, because I never thought about them until my route was finished, and the thing about Trainz is that a route can never be "finished", but in the past, when it was all working and looked quite pretty in places, did like to install trackside cameras and view from there. I should point out that since about age 5 I have never wanted to drive an engine, but I do like looking at them.
Anyway, my current trs22 route is now about as complete as I can make it without totally crashing the game, and although there is a lot of green space between towns instead of carefully planted farms, I thought it would be time to have a trackside look, and that's when I noticed they are no longer there.
Was this always intended or was there a plan to restore them later?

TS22 Build 123801 trackside cameras are still where they always were under the 'spanner' tab. But I use 'old' surveyor, might be different in t'other...

TS22 Build 123801 trackside cameras are still where they always were under the 'spanner' tab. But I use 'old' surveyor, might be different in t'other...
Maybe that's what it is. I haven't used the old Surveyor for a while, and like I said, I only use trackside cameras when my route is finished. As I am sure you know, a route never really finished, which is why as I near the end, I felt it was time to add some cameras. Seems the improvements aren't quite what they're made out to be.

In Surveyor 2, the camera is a scenery object. Search camera and it will show up. Place it where you want, then click on it and you get the options, including a preview.

In Surveyor 2, the camera is a scenery object. Search camera and it will show up. Place it where you want, then click on it and you get the options, including a preview.
Thanks. I would have tried that immediately, but if you see the thread I began this morning, I am now permanently shut out of the route I've been developing over the last couple of months.

Back