Creating Interiors.

Buffalo_trains93

It's snowy here.
Hey all! I'm thinkin about creating some interior (Cab) veiws for Franks SD70M's and the SD40-2 and such. I have 1 question that I really need to know.

First of- What do I use to creat the interiors? Gmax or Blender? I can't see ethier program just because I can't see how you'd create interiors.

I'd like to see some new interiors that aren't payware because I know that the economy is hitting ya'll hard and whatnot;) And the default cabs just aren't cutting it anymore:p

Any help is greatly appreciated!

God Bless,

Ryan:wave:

G Max or Blender could make an interior, but I've been told the interior is one of the hardest pieces of content to master. If you start off trying to make those first, the experience may put you off making any content, ever.

Why don't you start with a nice shed or something?:)

G Max or Blender could make an interior, but I've been told the interior is one of the hardest pieces of content to master. If you start off trying to make those first, the experience may put you off making any content, ever.

Why don't you start with a nice shed or something?:)

It's not the starting that bothers me. I like challenges #1 and #2 I'm not working on this alone ethier. I just want to get started. I don't expect to create interiors like Phil_C but I would like to get some other one's out there other than the default Auran ones.

God Bless,

Ryan

Mesh

Usually am interior is a strip of the main assets mesh with only the polys that show from the inside remaining. You could take a picture of an interior view and set on a plane just to see an image, but this will only be one dimension. With script, you can make almost anything move, but you'll have to ask someone else about how; I haven't gotten that far yet!

I'm not sure how successful you can be just creating an interior. You would have to have everything just right to make it work with the original mesh. (UNLESS you are talking about a cab that has nothing in front of it). For example, a steam engine. Has LOTS of hardware in front of the window!

On my engines, I created the interior, (cabs) AFTER I created the original engines in their entirety! Then I simply (ha!) deleted the polygons that couldn't be seen from inside of the cab and did a LOT of research using examples to place the proper items, (throttle lever, window "hinge", water valve...)

Took a LOT of trial and error, mostly error to get things right and working properly, especially if animated. (firebox...).

BUT I do NOT want to discourage you! IF you have the patience, and the willingness to do it! Go for it! Be aware that when you switch views, (using the "[" and "]" keys) it will have to match with the original mesh or it won't look right! It actually switches from a "cab" view to an "outside" view. (if designated as such).

Above all Jedi Knight, PATIENCE!!!!! ;)

Terry

First off I would like to Thank you all. I'm glad I can ask here and not get flipped on:( Secondly, yes I do have the will and the patience and the time (As my social life isn't exactly up to par:p ) I have this nagging thing inside me to take the hardest, thoughest things I can find and ammussing myself with it untill I finish. Thanks to all who helped!

Sincereley,

Ryan

Back