Time to face the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people suppost to do for me? well... use team work (co-operation) to help code a game that we can present to the public as a team which will hopefully make companies catch on, and start building simulations more like ours and bring simulations into the future.

No more half-assed budget simulations which are unrealistic (not talking about trainz here).

Where's your budget? Seems to me you don't have one:hehe:so is not having one better than having half one?

Here's my thought on the matter, your 19, you don't have an occupation, you're wanting people to do work for you for what end result? So that you can just "show companies" and they will "catch on" and start building more simulations like you're supposed simulation in the future? Again where does this leave you and those coders five years from now? Is there any return on their investment of sweat equity?

Why don't you go to school and learn how code and then do it yourself?

I'm not sorry to rain on your parade and all, but I've been around a little bit longer and seen a little bit more and I've been involved with the big "let's make a statement against establishment" projects and in the long run they just don't pan out,they tend to just breed resentment amongst all the players…

Last edited:
Oh hey again, finished blogging? And how I'm a "An idiot brit".

It certainly shows your maturity, doesn't it?;)

That you don't know the difference between a website and a blog but yet you want to create a 3-D game engine from scratch really makes my point doesn't it?:hehe:

"..no support for DirectX 9 (nor, therefore, Windows XP)."

"We can have 512 megs every hundred metres if we wanted to."

"... has not ruled out the feasibility of releasing mod tools for it."

Yeah, sounds like a perfect fit for our users ;p

chris
No windows XP is fine for me..I would have to bite the bullet like I did with battlefield 3:p I have a dual boot with XP and 7 so that's fine for me!

Ive seen this before. A player/member of the community is up set and says that they'll one up the game creators. And once I saw it go to the point where said member had a working game. Guy got mad, ranted for about a week. The about 2 months later he had a very basic version of his game. Mind you he was a computer programer and knew what we was doing. But after the first few glimpse's of the game he was working on it was announced that he had joined the guys to help improve the game he had left in the first place.

And I never said you said any thing about TRS. But you have bashed TRS a bit here and there, bringing up it little faults and blowing them way out of proportion.

One thing you have to remember is my computer is not yours, nor is the next guys. What works on your computer might not work on my computer. Even if I have a better computer then you do. Thats why many people have brought up bugs. The guys and N3V have their computers to program and test on. They can possibly afford to build every combination of computer on the market to test and make sure that their game will work with every ones computer.

That you don't know the difference between a website and a blog but yet you want to create a 3-D game engine from scratch really makes my point doesn't it?:hehe:
The difference doesn't matter in this context, the point is is that he expressed his views in a private place, away from your eyes.

I mean really, if he thinks that way about he, he should say it here... Not in a blog.

Here's a link.

I would much more appreciate it if he didn't talk behind my back. That's just rude.
Ive seen this before. A player/member of the community is up set and says that they'll one up the game creators. And once I saw it go to the point where said member had a working game. Guy got mad, ranted for about a week. The about 2 months later he had a very basic version of his game. Mind you he was a computer programer and knew what we was doing. But after the first few glimpse's of the game he was working on it was announced that he had joined the guys to help improve the game he had left in the first place.

And I never said you said any thing about TRS. But you have bashed TRS a bit here and there, bringing up it little faults and blowing them way out of proportion.

One thing you have to remember is my computer is not yours, nor is the next guys. What works on your computer might not work on my computer. Even if I have a better computer then you do. Thats why many people have brought up bugs. The guys and N3V have their computers to program and test on. They can possibly afford to build every combination of computer on the market to test and make sure that their game will work with every ones computer.
Isn't that the point of advertising? To blow stuff WAYYY out of proportion? So people would be more interested?:hehe:

Last edited:
No, that's the point of false advertising and propaganda. Much like the advertising during WWI and WWII.

The difference doesn't matter in this context, the point is is that he expressed his views in a private place, away from your eyes.

I mean really, if he thinks that way about he, he should say it here... Not in a blog.

Well actually the COC prevents me from saying a lot on here. But yes I have a website (like many people in the trainz community actually) and I did pretty much say the same thing to you here yesterday didn't I?

And actually by posting that link, (which I have deleted from Your quote) you have technically violated the COC:hehe:

Because you see I was warned a while back to stop linking to it because a few people cried about it. So I did but of course it didn't stop you from finding it did it?

But my website is my website, since I pay the bills I pretty much say what I want. It is what it is in other words.

But just for the record, for anyone from Auran/N3V or a moderator who may be watching, I didn't link to that article…

Last edited:
No... It's half-assed... As though they couldn't be bothered to make it more realistic. I will get back to you on that one.:)
When did you ever see Half of a Donkey, or a half a baaackside ?

You see ... there is no such thing.:hehe:

Coined phrases are slaughtered all the time, and are exhonerated wrongly by many official sounding websites.

Last edited:
When did you ever see Half of a Donkey, or a half a backside ?

You see ... there is no such thing.:hehe:

Coined phrases are slaughtered all the time, and are exoneratedwebsites wrongly on many websites.

You need to lend him your tagline, if there was ever a case where it fits:hehe:

"Willey Finishzit, Kenny Dooit & Betty Doant"

Well actually the COC prevents me from saying a lot on here. But yes I have a website (like many people in the trainz community actually) and I did pretty much say the same thing to you here yesterday didn't I?

And actually by posting that link, (which I have deleted from Your quote) you have technically violated the COC:hehe:

Because you see I was warned a while back to stop linking to it because people cried about it. So I did but of course it didn't stop you from finding it did it?

But my website is my website, since I pay the bills I pretty much say what I want. It is what it is in other words.

But just for the record, for anyone from Auran/N3V or a moderator who may be watching, I didn't link to that article…
You know?

I don't actually care. In fact, the COC's there for a reason. I would love to show how immature you really are.

You are lucky to be in your place... and you take it for granted...no wonder you're not in the "public relations" department of the organisation you're in...

I'm getting tired and frustrated, I will continue this thread in the morning... Guaranteed.

Good night everybody.

Link deleted....

I would much more appreciate it if he didn't talk behind my back. That's just rude.Isn't that the point of advertising? To blow stuff WAYYY out of proportion? So people would be more interested?:hehe:

What he said about you in the blog would be against the CoC if it were posted here.

Last edited:
If I were to say that this is a "G"-rated forum, then I would probably be lying.

At least we do have rules and do have moderators, otherwise this place would be a lawless free-for-all that would not be a pleasant place to be around.

What he said about you in the blog would be against the CoC if it were posted here.

He probably could care less.

Last edited:

Here's a (removed) link.

I would much more appreciate it if he didn't talk behind my back. That's just rude. ~snip~

The link was a real eye opener (I've removed it in the above quote).

Digging back through some of MrsCSI’s earlier rants in his/her website exposes negative and rude comments against several Trainz Forum members. However, you do need a modicum of stamina to navigate around the profanities which pepper a lot of the ramblings.

Some of the comments are not just rude, they are possibly unlawful.

My advice is to simply ignore the things said about you by the perpetrator – and avoid visiting the offending site. He/she is probably too insensitive to stop throwing out public insults, so is unlikely to stop.

It might also be worth considering removing the link to the offending site in your post #85. Why provide the oxygen of publicity to someone who causes offence?

Some of us may not feel that your mission is likely to succeed, but there are many more powerful ways to express disagreement, or simply discuss the ideas, than simply streaming out a tirade of public abuse. It might have been written in another site, but it is still public.

Cheers
Casper
:(

We are happy to allow discussion of what people see as 'issues' with Trainz, this can give ideas, which can lead to improvements in future.

However, this thread has gone a long way off the original topic, and has turned into a flame war, and as such has been closed.

As a public warning, although what Mrscsi posted on his personal website may be inappropriate, he did not post it on these forums himself. Ben, by posting a link to it, you are actually in breach of the Code of Conduct, since you have linked to a web page with inappropriate content.

What a person posts on their personal website is outside of our control, and as such if you believe it is an attack against you, then you should take it up with the relevant authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back