SP locomotives, cabviews etc.

Davie_UCF

Here since 2001, Trainz!!
I'm in the market for some SP goodies. Back in the ole days I had all of VMD's and Digital Roundhouse's (remember them?) SP content.. sadly I lost DT's stuff through the years and VMD's is mostly broken or lost :(.

I may make my first purchase at JR this weekend to help inspire my layout creating.. But I can't choose! Although eventually I intend to get them all the first choice, or two first choices are really hard.

Its hard because the product pages seem to lack screenshots, I would like to see the cabs of the locos as I mostly drive in cab mode..

Would anyone be so kind to share screenshots of JR sw1500's, C30, Ac4400. If interior shots it doesn't matter if the loco isn't SP as they must be pretty much the same. Some exterior shots might help sway me too ;)

Thanks for your help

Cheers
David

Last edited:
None that you requested have the custom cab views that are on our Dash 9s, SD70MACS, SD80MACS, SD70ms and newer items like that. Most simply have the default auran cab for that type of locomotive attached to them.

The features for each item are noted in the products page ( usually animated gif files showing what it has).

None that you requested have the custom cab views that are on our Dash 9s, SD70MACS, SD80MACS, SD70ms and newer items like that. Most simply have the default auran cab for that type of locomotive attached to them.

The features for each item are noted in the products page ( usually animated gif files showing what it has).

Ah even the c30's? Shame. Are there no SP locos with custom cabs?

Couldn't find it on their site :(.

Plans for future or SP stuff with all the new features shortly?

Most ( not going to say all) will have custom cabs going forward on what we do. We may eventually go back down the road and make cabs for the older units and update the entire model however so its all not out of the question but it wont happen tommorrow.

Most ( not going to say all) will have custom cabs going forward on what we do. We may eventually go back down the road and make cabs for the older units and update the entire model however so its all not out of the question but it wont happen tommorrow.

The CW 44-9 says custom cab on its page and the picture by colwell (Thanks Colwell!) shows a what I consider a custom cab.. Also the GP40 and B30 pages says custom cab. Whats going on here? Are we thinking of different definitions to custom cabs?

Ah that makes more sense, it's like the standard JR cab that comes with the Mojave locos.. that has been a tiny bit customized for those locos but not built from scratch..? The AC unit though, that seems custom? I don't recall one of those in TS12

Thanks for your help Jeff :)

An easy way to make the default gen_sd interior look more like a night view, darkened cab
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?38433-PRR-Screenshots&p=1126804#post1126804

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?92225-Gen-std-1-101475&p=1027341#post1027341
Screen_008-12_zps41b2c4ff.jpg

No stupid seats that nobody sits in anyway ...

I love this cab: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?38433-PRR-Screenshots&p=1020069#post1020069
8e80bc222d14e960a4dc0499b82339f3.jpg

Last edited:
Ah that makes more sense, it's like the standard JR cab that comes with the Mojave locos.. that has been a tiny bit customized for those locos but not built from scratch..? The AC unit though, that seems custom? I don't recall one of those in TS12

Thanks for your help Jeff :)

That is correct...The Dash 9 is from scratch from the ground up as are quite a few others of our newer releases.

That is correct...The Dash 9 is from scratch from the ground up as are quite a few others of our newer releases.

What about the AC44-9? The screenshot on the other page shows a cab that I don't already have and isn't derived from the SD cab?
Edit: Sorry thats a dash 9 shot, AC44 isn't a dash 9, is it? I'm getting confused (I'm English damnit! :p)

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
What about the AC44-9? The screenshot on the other page shows a cab that I don't already have and isn't derived from the SD cab?
Edit: Sorry thats a dash 9 shot, AC44 isn't a dash 9, is it? I'm getting confused (I'm English damnit! :p)

Thanks for your help :)

AC4400 is different from a Dash 9, and we havent done the AC4400s yet...but you answered your own question :wave:

AC4400 is different from a Dash 9, and we havent done the AC4400s yet...but you answered your own question :wave:

Sorry I am being silly.. I mean the CW44-9. Page says custom cab.. Will probably end up getting it anyhow.. or/and the C80. If the cab's aren't extremely accurate I guess in future you'l get around to em :p. I'm just happy for an immersive cab, doesn't have to be 100% accurate. Just look close enough!

Here's mine:

SD9 cab
8604514_orig.jpg

Bunch of U33C interior shots:
6792519_orig.jpg
9731010_orig.jpg
1692661_orig.jpg

SD-45
1394183_orig.jpg

Dash 9 unit
7220375_orig.jpg

F7 A unit