Committing Models Loses Wheels

Today, I updated some of my models in Trainz. Just a minor adjustment to the config.txt file. Upon committing these models, I found that I couldn't place them. Previewing them in Content Manager showed them without their wheels in place - as though the wheels had been left out of the config.txt file. I checked, and they had not.

This was still the case after a database rebuild. I then tried opening and re-committing a model without any changes, and got the same results. This is the case with both scripted and unscripted models. I tried reinstalling Trainz 2019 and restoring from backups instead of my current library, and got the same results.

I am running build 111951 (SP3), as later builds mess up some of the scripting on my models.

I am annoyed that Trainz has seemingly out of the blue decided to become uncooperative, and mess up my models like this. Prior to this happening, I have not changed anything since the last time it worked. If anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it.

Also, committing the models does not produce any errors. As far as Content Manager is concerned, they commit cleanly.

Another thing is that some models that were working perfectly before are now showing random errors. For example, one model is showing a fault in that the 'att-parent' attachment point for some submeshes is missing. That attachment point is in the mesh for this particular model, and I *have not* touched it since then.

Last edited:
If the kuids are available on the DLS that might help.

Are you saying that untouched they work and touched they don't?

Thanks John

That's exactly it. I've done another reinstall and restored from backups, and that seems to have fixed this issue.

Now there's a question of why the scripting that worked perfectly a month ago isn't working today. But that's in another thread. (This is the issue I was trying to correct initially.)

I have seen that issue before. It's caused by the assets being faulty in some way but the fault not being detected until the asset is submitted. During the submitting process, the asset is validated and during the validation process the errors are flagged and reported.

The problem is unless the fault is repairable, there's no way to submit the asset.

No.

None of the affected assets were showing up flagged as faulty. They were showing up when I did 'Preview Asset' in Content Manager, but with no wheels. When it is a fault like you suggest, the 'Preview Asset' will not show anything at all - just crash. Furthermore, none of the affected models showed up as red in content manager.

Pretty sure issues like this where it was working and now isn't but has no errors is due to a caching error, as in Manage Content has the version that's fine but the Game or preview asset is loading from a corrupted cache file and not the local data.

If clam1952 is right, then deleting the contents of the [UserData]cache/internet folder and running a quick DBR should resolve this situation. Give it a go.

I ended up reinstalling TRS2019 and doing a restore of content from backups - just the 'local' and 'original' folders. That would have cleared the cache, and appears to have solved the issue.

Back