Coal Dust from Open Top Hoppers

gtasa

Die Hard IC/CN Fan
Does it exist?

I mean I been around plenty of coal trains but have never seen this phenomenon happen. Does it happen with high winds or speed? I also know some if not all mines have the cars sprayed down with a material.

As NARM said YES. It can be a problem at times. Probably depends on how fast the train is moving and how small the coal has been ground.

I made 4 coal dust sprayers. Two are animated but not interactive. By That mean they spray continuously. kuid2:210518:4775:1 and 4776:1

I also made two that are animated and interactive. By that I mean they only spray full hoppers. They will not spray other kinds of traincars (including tenders) or an empty hopper. kuid2:210518:4977:1 (TS2004) and 11174:1 (TS2009).

Ben

In excess of 75 trains leave the Wyoming - Powder River Coal Basin each and every day, 365 days a year, that is allot of coal ! I would think that a train traveling from Wyoming to points eastward, for ports exporting our coal to foreign countries like China, or then down to Florida Power & Light (where they burn a 100 ton hopper of pulverized coal each and every 5 minutes, 24/7/365) that allot of coal would be missing, and towns all along the way would be complaining, and police would have the train stopped by calling corporate. BTW: did you know that a local or State cop can use a radar speed detector, and can have a train stopped, and issue a speeding violation.

Envionmental pollution is nothing that I want to replicate ... unless it is a smoke belching Felix_G ALCO, or a Steamer with Twinkles smoke effects

Last edited:
Back