CMP and CM02 - do they share files ?

deeelare

#1-on members ignore list
I have had no problems with TRS2006 CMP since I installed it , but since installing TS2009 CM.02 I am noticing difficulties .

This thread is not to debate CMP , only to ask if others are seeing a change in the operation of CMP after installing CM.02 ?

Please , no remarks regarding CMP , good or bad , simply have you seen a change with CMP after CM.02 was installed ?

--- ,DLR

What would be much more useful that comparing differences is to describe the "difficulties: you are having with CM2.

The Content Manager program has been totally overhauled and much of the underlying code is new (although the interface is pretty much the same). The basic operations are similar (search, sort, filter, download, open for edit, etc).

Tony

Nope, deeelare, haven't had a bit of problem. In fact I run both at once, after opening for edit in CMP, I drag and drop to CM2. I like that!
Norm

No problems here either. I have TRS06, TC3 and the beta all installed with no problems. Since the dev builds all ran just from a folder without an install, I would guess that besides associations for the file extensions there isn't much outside the TS2009 folder that gets used by the program.

William

Thanks Guys ,

I will now begin looking at other reasons why 06 CMP has suddenly started acting erratic !

The Beta CM 02 works great .

Thanks again for the feedback --- ,DLR

PS , I think Tony misinterpeted my original thread ?

Last edited:
If it is any help, Tony said something the other day that I had never heard before. CMP in TRS06 doesn't play well with other programs running at the same time. This seems to be the source of many problems with it. Check to see if something new is running in the background or on the status bar.

This may explain why I have never had any problems with CMP since I run my Trainz PC very clean of any background apps and never run anything else while in TRS06.

William

Fellow Trainzers ,

Quick update - CMP and CM02 are now both running quite well on the same drive !

What did I do/ change , the only thing I can think of was Defraging .

Thanks for the input --- ,DLR

Back