Behind the Desk Of Trainz User

VIA6415

Canaidan Route Builter
Hi everyone
Please excuse my grammar/errors here I'm not the woulds grates writer.

I did thinking about how I shod start off here get mad and harass everyone, complane alot, but what dose that solve well not much other then make me look bad that wont get me anywhere.
If anyone here knows my idintey please don't reveal it, I want to remain unknown. I been content creator for a number of years working in secret on projects most of you already know about, I'm not the best out there or will I ever clam to be my models are simple and working but there not high detailed or the most appealing workmen ship out there. The time is takes me to make a reasonable assist isn't always easy I spend hours or even days doing the best of my ability to made that item, having made over 450 models I noticed my skills improve over time and before long I lured how to add finer details and repair textures I can't before. Content creators like my self are being forgotten as bigger and better models come out and before long my hard work will be nothing more the a paint shad model useless and unwanted. I don't have the skills to make or keep up with the demand but slowly I been modeling less or not at all or part way fishing a model.

I'm not complaining or asking anyone to see VIA's work I don't need the fame the bigger content creators can have it, my posts normally go unreplayed or noticed now days I don't have alot of friends and some have wished I dissaplare all to gather for reasons that don't make much scents what ever the reason is I'm not betrothed by it, thos who don't like my work or they are simply joules of my skills what ever there reasons are fore not likening me isn't really worth there time because I'm not someone that have that much skills what takes others days takes me weeks. I'm not going to point fingers at anyone because there are good people here that work hard on there own projects knowing that content creating isn't as easy as it looks, alot of time and money can go into it.

When I sit here looking at the forums I see alot of good and bad it's not always a cake walk to keep the pice or is it a fun and easy job, it's hard at times I know this because I have to deal with kids everyday some times there better behaved then the adults who look after the in my line or work, you may what to think of the forums as a school I don't need to get into details not to afind anyone or any I name calling I'm pointing out my point of view form what I see as a user. Having said that I see alot of posts about tane being full of bugs well let me point out that tane is a game and like a game it has one thing in common with all games I played alot of online games that have this problem and bleave me it suck alot thows who played online can relate to this as well in the gaming would BUGs are swear words among gamers bugs bug bugs there evil and make you want to choke your PC to death ok that's a bit extreme but I will say I tossed a PC out a 3 story window over a bug that crashed a game and killed my HD by thankful Tane isn't as bad as some MMOS out there and I seen some nastys in my time, all games have bugs its a known fact we all have to accept and live with no matter how annoyed we get. "Throwing you 850$ out a window don't help much" The big question that I here all the time is "Why can't they ever make it work with out bugs ( problems ) well I don't know I do know throw out time bugs have been in games for years and there not going to just all drop dead because we want a buggy free game. If it was bug free then tacks would have nothing to fix and no one wants to lose there job I guess I'm use to bugs but they are annoying.

Over time things change Steam was ones the backbone of are life's then they wore phased out by diesel trains then trucks started to apare and soon railroads wore taken up, you do see were I'm going with this don't you ? not everything was lost today the woulds foolishly got its mind set on bigger, faster, better and bigger isn't always better everything has a starting point if you plant a seed it grows into a large tree over time. Now days I'm seeing models being made like they wore nothing done it days with little effored put into it no one cares as long as its purifect and the bust. then there are guys like me off in the corner forgotten and rarely noticed who work hard at there skills to make a model they feel is the best work they have done.

I said enofe I'm not trying to shew/afiend out anyone or pick on groups or insailt anyone here, I'm posting my feeling of my point of view form my end of a much larger tree that are my own point of views and may not relate to anyone other then my self.
Please take this with a grain of salt.

If at any point I did anyone wrong in any way (now and in the past) apogees for upsetting you, even thow I don't recall what it was about online and mostly forget about online matters easier the real matters in the real would.
Thank you for listing
VIA6415

I understand how you feel. I don't have the skills needed to create content like the content being made today. I don't have the patience nor the skills needed to make any content from scratch. I too know that T:ANE has problems. For me it was problems with the .bin file or folders when I was installing it. I have had times where I've gotten annoyed at Trainz, so I spend time on the forums, watch videos on YouTube, or something else to try and calm down before getting back to work on Trainz.
I will also note that my mom is a teacher, but she is a 'Special Education' teacher, which is someone who teaches students with disabilities or needs that requires attention that a 'regular' teacher can't do while teaching students that don't have special needs. She already had plenty of experience handling a person that has a disabilities, particularly a person with Autism. I'm not certain if there's a Canadian equivalent to a 'Special Education' teacher, but surely there's a teacher who can handle students with special needs easier than other teachers.
Anyway, back to Trainz. One thing I wish was that dragonharth or someone else would make more content for the Mini Trainz series of content because I know that there's potential for that series to grow and become that's a good way to recreate the 1/8th scale live steamers found at clubs throughout Canada and the U.S.. To wrap up this long reply, I would like to say that it might be a good idea to post screenshots of your work in the screenshots section of the forums so that you can get feedback on your work, along with tips on how you can improve your skills to make your content even better. Instead of getting angry at negative comments about your work, try and use that to improve your work. Somebody might say 'I'd never use (insert object here) there.' Instead of getting angry about that, ask for suggestions on what object might be a better object to fit that location.
Hopefully this post helps.

There are a number of Mini trainz out there on DLS the project was abandon after it didn't take off due to a lack of interest in it so it was scraped, Mini Trainz isn't anything new so dragon felt there was no need in growing the project, I now own all his rights and models call it a co ownership as you will. If there's enofe people interested it the Mini Trainz I can reless the modeling details and the old mesh's to anyone whating to reboot the project. It's like the Dragon's Pass series not much interest and it took off for a wile but then dropped off as the DP idea was exploited and others started to copy it in some way. The Doom Coaster is a hole other network in its self not many want to make or care to wend it comes to taking trainz and seeing just what its limits are Doom Coaster dose just that and it ends up cashing slow PCs or makes the viewer run to the toilet everything they see the video or so I was told, I don't mind anyone makes content for my routes or dose reskins of my stuff just give me a heads up first i'm not very picky as long as i get some kind of crated.

Last edited:
Wrong board.
General Trainz is for discussion of the game, bugs and what not. Maybe complaining about DRM and what have you not that always occurs here. There's a section for content creation.
Two, it's worth mentioning that your life story isn't everything. If you want to create content and start fresh, do so. Let yourself be noticed instead of pleading for attention. It's just going to worsen the reputation you have.
You have a website for your apology letter. There's enough of this nonsense on this board as it is, that's why I only read anymore.
Using your "wife's account" to mask your reputation doesn't help.

Edit: I'm not trying to come across as a jerk, I'm just tired of seeing all of this. If I wanted to watch Desperate Housewives, that's what my OnDemand is for.

Last edited:
"enough of this nonsense" I can agree with that I'm tired of it my self that's why I rarely post anymore.

Neon I want to point out something I'm not masking anything, come on would you wants to have a user name that's misspelled? it's embarrassing and i hated that account to death and tried to harasses the mods to get it banned, no point in reporting it they are aware of the change, I like VIA much better anyway whats wrong with a man wanting to change his own name? I'm posting a point of view that's all, it has nothing to do with DRM or trying to get attention or am I trying not to upset anyone here.

Anywho on a lighter note: I'm planning on remodeling some mesh's and reless something soon I'll post details later. These is a light at the end of this tunnel and its time for change.

Last edited:
Back