Cannot open links ?

deeelare

#1-on members ignore list
In my previous thread I had problems with Windows loading , and you folks were very helpful . I bought a new harddrive and reinstalled everything .
Now I have a small problem , that for the life of me I can not resolve , so again I ask for suggestions . I am running WindowsXP sp2 , and Cox High speed internet connection , I can no longer open links contained in websites . I am certain it is in a setting somewhere either in Win or Cox , I have tried everything except obliviously what works ( internet options , privacy settings ) ?
Thanks in advance --- ,dave

edit - am also running Mcafee , but see nothing in settings that could cause my problem ?

Last edited:
It may be down to the SP2 firewall or could be to how the browser or Mcafee is set up
for Firewall go to Start Control panel Windows Firewall Exceptions here you can input a program you want to except it could be Internet explorer or Firefox (browsers).
Depending on what browser you are running Say IE with the browser open go to Tools Internet options Privacy here you can turn off or on the Pop up blocker.
If you have it on you need to go into settings and put in www.auran.com and www.firstclass.auran.com or any other sites that need to be allowed.
Then go to Advanced and put a tick in the override automatic cookie handling box and the always allow session cookies box click ok to close then click on apply and ok to close.
In Mcafee there may be options for programs which you will need to look at I know there are in Zone Alarm.

Back