Buy From simulator Central, i wish i had not

Depends on what you bought, if it's DLC and you are on SP1 it should be automatically downloaded when you start the game unless you have disabled it in settings.

Just a few days ago I was looking at that fine Duchess on SC,would look nice on my rig,but after reading through 6 pages and the problems I had a few weeks ago with the same site....
My blood pressure has just about dropped to normal thank's to JCitron for kindly sorting everything out,I just want a stress free week,have a beer and listen to some nice music,maybe
next week....

Daz

@JCitron
Well, everything is well now, thanks to your advice of contracting the sc helpdesk for my serials. They replied to my email address with my serial in quite a short time. I'll remember from now on not to order on weekends and always use my creditcard not paypal. Thanks again!

:Dsame. here. i think simulator central is suck. wach this
Our payment processing officer is away until Monday next week. When he returns we will have him look into this problem with Paypal. i have not idea why they said that if i bought. my fct last week. now i has to waith to the next week. lol:D

To be fair to N3V, they are trying to sort the problem. It doesn't happen on every single order, and it's difficult to know exactly what is causing the problem (although I've noticed from personal experience that Paypal do not actually take the money out the account straight away - quite often it's the next working day that they do so.

Shane

Hi everybody.
I had not bought Trainz 12 before today as over the last few years I have not had enough time to justify the purchase. However, with retirement coming up in two weeks time I received an email from simulator central advising that as I was a “valued customer” a nine dollar offer for trainz 12 was open to me. As that is only £6 in British currency I thought I would give that a go, only to be very much regretted.

I logged in and entered the extra details they required and then paid by PayPal and confirmation was received from them almost immediately that simulator central had been paid The download took about one and a half hours on my broadband system but following that when I looked at the confirmation of purchase email from simulator central it stated “serial number issued when payment received”.

I immediately advised N3V (simulator central) through the reply section of their email that they had been paid prior to their “confirmation of purchase” email only to receive a return email advising that “this email account is not monitored “and went on to advise me to me to send a ticket to trainzportal.com if I felt I needed support. I then did the foregoing only to receive another automated email advising that “one of our agents will get back to you as soon as possible”

All the above took place over six hours ago and there is still no response. I believed that buying a digital download would mean that you would have instant access to your purchase as it does in all other companies. However, not it would seem with N3V. They are prepared to sell their digital products on a weekend but not provide any support for those products when those sales encounter problems for their customers. Instead it would seem they would all prefer to have the weekend off despite being in the retail industry and when most sales are undoubtedly made.

6 pounds is not a large amount of money to spend or even lose. However, as someone who has bought almost all trainz upgrades since it was originally launched it leaves me feeling that I will not be buying anything else from them and they have already lost the price of my first class ticket for downloads. Instead I will be buying an alternative train simulator when their latest upgrade comes out at the end of this month

Simulator central (Trainz) support, Absolute rubbish
Bill

You should had bought TS12 on steam...:/

You should had bought TS12 on Jointed Rail for $14.99 ... and got a free $20 payware loco, thrown in ... for free ... and it is TS12 non-SP1 boxed disc

Hi Red Rattler and everybody.

Please don't tell me that I could've brought TS12 for $9.99 or $14.99?
If that is correct, I am going to scream!

Yes I did buy Trainz 12 for 6 pounds British Sterling (approximately 9 Australian dollars) but that was back last September when I was the opening poster on this thread. However, it has not been any benefit to me since the original purchase as every time I launched the program the start screen would come up and then crash back to desktop when any attempt to start the main program was made. So, after numerous attempts to fix whatever problem it was, I eventually gave up and it has now been removed from my system and dumped in the recycle bin (what a hunk of junk.. LOL) .

I then after much debate with other respected members of this forum, eventually decided to make a pledge to trainz new era, Only to find that as someone who always pays by PayPal with online transactions I had to wait with the other “second-class PayPal pledgers” for our chance to donate when all the kickstarter action had finished. It then transpired that when I was “allowed” to pledge I received a warning from my antivirus that the N3V site security certificate was not in full order.

I then had the company computer guy come round to look at my home PC. He informed me that I would have to lower my antivirus settings (which are admittedly very high) if I wished to access the site which I was not prepared to do. So, with all the above in mind I thought it was perhaps time to move on.

Clickteam fusion 2.5 had been launched that very week and I decided to take the plunge and spend the £200 or so I would have pledged to trainz new era on the new software and I have since been learning how to create my own computer games with this truly awesome program .

I have not had that much time to spend on my new hobby as I have been acting as a volunteer tanker driver in this very flooded Somerset County travelling around pumping out septic and slurry tanks that have been flooded or are about to be flooded.

Therefore I I have not been on the forum of late, and I am not sure why this thread was bumped but I find it very “disappointing” to read that PayPal users are still being treated badly at simulator central when wishing to purchase.

Still, all the best to everyone and I may buy trainz new era when it is released at the end of the year, but we will see depending on the reviews

Bill

It was as low as $9.99 ... And you would have gotten a $20 free loco ... to boot ... thrown in for FREE !

Too Baaad ... So Saaad ... I tink' you missed the sale ... might be sold out by now ... IDK ?

Get ready to scream ... TS12, non SP1 was: negitive $10.01 ... that -$10.01 !!!!

Ahhhhhhhh !

say_what_2125_199710286.jpg

I bought a Budgie for $9.99 ... and found a lost $20 bill outside the Woolaworth store ... the Budgie Wudgie was only -$10.01 ... 25 years later, there is still a Budgie bird seed barf, stuck on the wall ... it's a momento ! I can't bring my self to clean the seed hull off the wall.

http://www.angelfire.com/ego/hazi/hamnaviimisc/miscl/woolworth.html

Last edited:
It was @ a couple weeks ago ... at JR, during their sale !
It was as low as $9.99 ... And you would have gotten a $20 free loco ... to boot ... thrown in for FREE !
Too Baaad ... So Saaad ... I tink' you missed the sale ... might be sold out by now ... IDK ?
Get ready to scream ... TS12, non SP1 was: negitive $10.01 ... that's -$10.01 !!!!

Did I ferget' to mention that it was non-SP1 boxed discs ... delivered in just 4 days !

Quotation-Tammy-Blackwell-good-Meetville-Quotes-121811.jpg

Last edited:
Hello trainzers,
In a way I am new to this forum, I used Trainz a couple of years before and now I am retired I started again, I live in Belgium and ordered from simcentral, and so I came to this thread because because I had the above mentioned problems, I ordered everything new because I did a new PC setup, day 1 I ordered a copy of Trainz 10 on a friday night so saturday in Australia, payed with Paypal and received the download link instantly and the serial number within some very short delay (minutes),I forget I needed also an FCT a

part to previous post, I do not know what happened but something went wrong during writing , ...., so I forgot I needed an FCT so I ordered it the same way and got serial and ticket within minutes, after a few days I decided also to order Trainz 12, the same way and then the problems started, after 2 days I did not receive a serial number, and my support tickets stayed without any answer from simcentral, Because I did not know anyone who could help me I contacted JR because I was a client also with them, I told them my problems on a sunday afternoon (belgian time) and they provided me within minutes a serial number from there own (I did not even had to pay for it ) service they said, they would contact simcentral and discuss the problem; So I used the serial without any problem (and ofcourse ordered some other stuff from them), after about 2 weeks later I received a mail from Simcentral just saying here is you serial number for Trainz 12. So up to now nothing has changed with the serial problems at Simcentral. My advise go JR .
Greetings Harry

Back