Build 123059 will not save my Map, infinite loop.

jjeff1955

Latest update build 122 to 122059, and the large Map will no longer save, waited over a half hour and it would never save, and I have to force quit Trainz with the Task Mgr.
Then a Map reload wants to use changes or revert. Not useful as it will not save after a revert.
Also the envioromental Color settings is stuck on full tilt blue, anbd the red-green setting are at minimum.

Did a Color reset but it will not save the settings. Does anyone else have this issue?
RTX 3080, latest Vidio Drivers.
Kind Regards.

This is the wrong forum.

Did you do a database repair when you first installed the patch?

I highly recommend it anyway since the issues you are seeing are indicative of database issues such as the crashes and non-saves.

Thanks John for your reply.
Yes I did the Data base repair the long one, and still have issues with saving my Map.
The smaller Test Maps that I have will save OK, but no longer will my large 859mb Map will save after edits. I have the other older build Install before this update and it is OK.

Also the envioromental Color settings are way off at default settings.
Kind Regards.

Thanks John for your reply.
Yes I did the Data base repair the long one, and still have issues with saving my Map.
The smaller Test Maps that I have will save OK, but no longer will my large 859mb Map will save after edits. I have the other older build Install before this update and it is OK.

Also the envioromental Color settings are way off at default settings.
Kind Regards.
Not good. I wonder if you've reached a size limit with the route data?

Another thought, do you have enough swap space on your hard drive to swap around data while saving?

Yes I have a Raid-0 set up with 1.4T available
The map size limit used to be at 99.9mb. I surely hope that they did not lower it as it is to low already at a 1 Gig limit.
I can not use the HD Terrain features due to the Map size limit that they all ready have.

I did send in a bug report and I got a response back from them yesterday and the Dev's told me that they were aware of the issues with the environmental settings. I also had told them that my map size wat at 859mbs and they did not say anything about it being over limit.
They are looking into the infinite save loop now. The Dev's have been very responsive about getting back to m with a lot of questions and details.
Thank You John.
Kind Regards.

You're welcome. I'm glad they are aware of the loop issue. I noticed that saving takes a long time and so does exiting from Surveyor sometimes. My thinking is with your route at 859 MBs, you are pretty close to your 1 GB remaining drive space. As you know, the drive space is used not only to store data but also for temporary files and data swapping. When TRS22 has a route open for editing, there's a spare copy of your route there in the wings, you can see this in the open for edit filter in Content Manager. When you save, this temporary route closes as well.

Try freeing up some space by removing old backups. These can add up pretty quickly if you've been doing a lot of route editing and editing old content. Recently, I cleared 50 GB from my backups doing this and with routes getting bigger, we're eating up more and more space on our hard drives without even trying.

I am having the same issue, And i am no where near the route limit. I get Hangs when saving. I am constantly having to restart trainz, And then it happens again.

I am having the same issue, And i am no where near the route limit. I get Hangs when saving. I am constantly having to restart trainz, And then it happens again.
Not good and once you have to restart, you'll make the problem worse by corrupting your route. If you do restart, run a DBR and revert, or continue and save under a new name but always do a DBR before.

Back