Bug: Warning about setting the Assets Palette filter to Filter Visibility

pware

Trainz Veteran
I have just found and reported a bug in both Trainz Plus and TRS22PE. The bug, which involves using the Filter Visibility setting in the S20 Assets Palette, will render all track objects (signals, speed signs, switches, etc) invisible when the filter is returned to Filter Selection or Filter List. The good news (at least) is that those objects have not been deleted and will be returned to visibility if the route is saved and then reloaded.

Edit: Even easier, I have since discovered that toggling the route-layer visibility control OFF then ON again also returns the hidden track objects to full view. The route-layer is where I always store all track objects.

ScreenShot 1: On a single blank baseboard add track, track objects and some basic scenery (a few bushes).

Filter-Bug01.jpg

ScreenShot 2: Assets Palette set to select Scenery Objects and filter set to Filter Visibility. Track and track objects vanish (as expected) leaving only the scenery objects (the bushes) visible.

Filter-Bug02.jpg

ScreenShot 3: Filter reset to Filter List (or to Filter Selection). All but the track objects are returned to the screen.

Filter-Bug03.jpg

If the route is saved as it is without the visible track objects and then reloaded into Surveyor, the missing track objects will be returned.

Bug reported.

Last edited:
I notice that in the third picture, the settings visible in the window have not all been returned to the settings in the first picture. Might this have something to do with the issue?

Thanks for the suggestion but no, resetting the asset selection to anything including All Content, makes no difference.

Some progress. On a wild hunch I tried the following:-

After returning the filter to Filter List with the track objects invisible, I toggled the route-layer visibility control from Show to Hide and back to Show again. Unexpectedly, all the missing track objects reappeared.

NOTE: This obviously assumes that the track and all track objects are in the route-layer

This has been added to my original bug report.

Indeed. As a programmer myself, I agree that they are *almost never* that simple. I have however had an occasional surprise where a bug fix actually was that simple. Still, very rare.

Back