Australian screenshots

A DEM would make it a lot easier and accurate to build a route Michael and like Jamie said ask nicely over at Victrainz and i'm sure Jerker would help out.
Cheers Mick.:)

a3907c4d65e4b7b0d60e4c6a2eddc730.jpg

Southern Aurora leaves Melbourne under a hovering bridge?

Jamie

Cheers guys :)

Its western Sydney so it's pretty flat, mainly slight ups and downs.
As for the DEM, clueless as to how I'd even start using that stuff. Never really ventured that far into building in detail.

Actually the section you are modeling is rolling hills with a quite steep gradient coming out of Penrith starting near the Emu Plains end of the platforms and then continually rolling up and down (but always trending upward) to Parramatta. It's up to you but if you're striving for accuracy a DEM would serve you better. If your aim is to replicate the track layout only then have at it and enjoy.

Railwayz

Thanks Raymond its a updated version of the Wadalbavale Route by Natvander but since he hasn't been here for age's not much chance of getting it uploaded anywhere either mate unfortunately, And just wait till you try out Tom's L Class they are amazing.
Cheers Mick.:)

The Trainz Hell Gate & Sydney Harbour Bridges.

The Trainz Hell Gate & Sydney Harbour Bridges.

That's somewhat interesting. The deck of New York's Hell Gate Bridge is level (see here), but the deck of the Sydney Harbour Bridge (SHB) (see here)

New York's bridge was opened in 1917, and J.J.C. Bradfield used that design for the SHB opened in 1932, but a similar design was proposed in 1902 here

I thought a slight curve on the deck of an arched bridge would actually make it stronger.

Marty, I do recall sending you with my hotmail account not the trainz email address, if not try the spam section of your yahoo mail. Have no fear, I shall try again sending you an email using my work email.

I shall PM you my email to try yourself

Regards

Michael Gitsham
Queensland Heritage Railways
[London Office]

Sorry, I can't disable my Trainz parental controls. I never received and cannot accept emails from users outside of Australia.

Back