Australian screenshots

cook201210100002.jpg
Two Endeavour sets sit idle while a 620/720 set departs Domino City.

Gidday
to misterchugg: Quite good screens but the diameters of curves (mainly on turnouts) beat me to my eyes. I cannot imagine any engine cappable to pass through theese. And if so then 10 kph. Even tramway require some 15metres minimaly...(and does it at 10kph)

Proper radius of no-cant tracks (to be used on turnouts) is:

30kph - 150m
40kph - 190m
50kph - 300m
65kph - 500m
80kph - 760m
100kph - 1250m
130kph - 2500m

Last edited:
S301_20121012_0002.jpg

F176 rolls out of the loco road at the Rooks Exchange sidings.

S301_20121012_0004.jpg

Having picked up it's train from the exchange sidings, F176 trundles slowly along the line.

Zec

An Oz version of Trainz would be great, if N3V weren't into chasing the bucks they might consider it. N3V's view seems to be that the money is to be made from Europe and North America. I reckon that a TRS version with good Aussie content would be popular in other countries.
Country town police lockup.
ba8cbcdcd94f839677b3972ab5493619.jpg

Hi Falcon500,

I agree. There is (and always has been) tremendous excellent valued input into the Trainz community, both in creativity, comment & support, over the whole life of the Trainz saga. Australiana content would be surely well-received if 'packaged' as a Trainz update/release; on the world market. There is a glut of everything-but Australiana content, & I suggest it would be so refreshing for everyone, world-wide, for the release of such a Trainz package. :)

F176 rolls out of the loco road at the Rooks Exchange sidings.

Having picked up it's train from the exchange sidings, F176 trundles slowly along the line.

Zec

Hi Zec,

Is that little tank loco available or going to be available? I have been looking for a little Aussie tank loco for some time, I managed to get the VR DDE class working in TS2009 but it will not work in TS12.

Cheers,
Bill69

G'day All,

Just something, I have been working on since yesterday; QR Commissioners Inspection Carriage 453 - converted from an End Platform BX. Currently at the Ipswich Workshops. Originally converted as one of the Commissioner's Cars, later converted to a Track Inspection Car. It had a carrying capacity of 6 passengers and a tare weight of 25.4 tonnes. Overall length of 16280mm over buffers and 15545mm over body.
QRCommissionerInspectionCarriage453_zps7b05511b.png

Kindest Regards
Michael Gitsham

To Noel B, reckon I've I've said enough about what I think. Fairly much up to the big boys to work out if they want to release and Oz or Pacific region Trainz.
Michael, took this photo in the early 80's, inspection cars on the back end of a goods train running north from Petrie.
3fc9688f9228ef3c6235eacf77968143.jpg

Nice work Axe i see you've changed out the Track will this be staying for the released version ?. Keep up the great work mate i'm looking forward to the TS12 Version of your masterpiece.
Cheers Mick.:)

Hi NSWGR_46Class,

May I ask, are you able to give me the name of this bridge &/or it's kuid # please?.
It's very similar to the Echuca-Moama bridge across the Murray River, & also similar to the Narrandera Bridge across the Murrumbidgee River. Both of which I will need for a current project as well as future one.

nswgr46class20120909000.jpg

the branch service is about to rattle the windows in my house

Cowra Rail Bridge
kuid2:56603:21026:1
footplatephil

Hi NSWGR_46Class,

May I ask, are you able to give me the name of this bridge &/or it's kuid # please?.
It's very similar to the Echuca-Moama bridge across the Murray River, & also similar to the Narrandera Bridge across the Murrumbidgee River. Both of which I will need for a current project as well as future one.

Gidday
to misterchugg: Quite good screens but the diameters of curves (mainly on turnouts) beat me to my eyes. I cannot imagine any engine cappable to pass through theese. And if so then 10 kph. Even tramway require some 15metres minimaly...(and does it at 10kph)

30kph - 150m
40kph - 190m
50kph - 300m
65kph - 500m
80kph - 760m
100kph - 1250m
130kph - 2500m

hi mate

just remember that queensland is narrow gauge system
i did what i thought were the right way from the pics i have
cheers
ron

S301_20121013_0005.jpg

A DD class gets it's train rolling out of the rooks exchange sidings, whilst F182 quietly waits it's turn.

S301_20121013_0006.jpg

Further on, the DD works it's way towards Melbourne.

Bill, the F isn't released yet. Not sure when it'll be released at this stage.

Zec

Gidday

30kph - 150m
40kph - 190m
50kph - 300m
65kph - 500m
80kph - 760m
100kph - 1250m
130kph - 2500m

Hi Jivora. Here in Australia our railways tended to be built to much sharper dimensions than European railways (smaller loading gauge, sharper curves), mostly as a cost-saving measure, as Ron stated, so his route is actually prototypically correct. Plus I've noticed Trainz tends to exaggerate the view in Surveyor too which makes curves look much sharper than they really are anyway.

P.S. Pete, I got your message - I'm really sorry for the delay, but I'll send the plans off to you right away (W class as well as the ASG plans which I recall you asked for ages ago?). :)

P.P.S This is for you Pete and also Michael as well, but could also be useful for anyone else who is interested, but it might be worth picking up the latest issue of 'Australian Railway History' magazine which includes amongst other things an article on the W class by Adrian Gunzburg, which is virtually copied from his book 'A History of WAGR Steam Locomotives' with additional information included. Sadly it lacks the above mentioned line drawings, but it's worth it alone for the photos and the technical info on the class. ;)

Last edited:
Back