Australian screenshots

[QUOTEAn Oz version of Trainz would be great, if N3V weren't into chasing the bucks they might consider it. N3V's view seems to be that the money is to be made from Europe and North America. I reckon that a TRS version with good Aussie content would be popular in other countries.]
What's wrong with them chasing the dollar ?. Pretty sure if a company is to survive then they go for what sell's best, There are a couple of Aussie's giving the Payware side of the game a crack. Instead of whinging you should give it a go your self if you think your good enough that is as Europe and the US have raised the bar age's ago for Content Creation and i doubt we'll ever catch them.
Cheers Mick.:)[/QUOTE]
Would of thought the old Aussie cultural cringe was long dead, apparently not.
:hehe:

Hi All,
Willem2 {Bill} has been doing what he does best Creating Aussie content
He has been mucking around with sugar cane railways and he has sent me a gem

8056374536_00ed49aab5_b.jpg

Now i do not know if he uploaded yet,what i have got it is brillaint
Sorry Bill not using yor 2ft track

Cheers,
Patchy

So it would make sense to come back to its original roots.

apart from the inbuilt in the original three or four versions of the game there has always been an emphasis on o'seas from whoever ran the company. Although we may not like it, o'seas makes sense there are not many virtual ferroequinologists in oz. Yes we have made a lot of content and our thread is one of the most vibrant, but so are others with a much bigger market

hi mates

this is the best that i can do so far.
i will wait until i find something better.
i don't like this as a cutting

cheers
ron

Ron, have you tried using invisible track to create the cuttings? just lay it in the contours you want and raise the ground under it, then texture it

cheers
pete

@Falcon, check your email, I just sent you a message aswell as a PM.

@Ron, yeah; you could just low the track down to create a cutting.

Cheers

Michael Gitsham

No michael you use lengths of invisible track to create the cutting, thereby leaving the actual track at the right level

Coolangatta - 1955

G'day Everyone,

@Peter, fair enough. I didn't know you could do that. I just generally lower the track down until I get a cutting. Which I had to do for Southport Railway Station

@Stationmistress, yes, I am comming sir.

Alright, some fine shots of my WIP, I am just adjusting Coolangatta to the original format as she was in 1955, as I was correcting my earlier play around attempts to create the station and enviroments. I added the overbridge over the railway, railway reserve which adjoined the fenceline and the cutting though Kirra Hill. Lanham Street was correct to fit the UBD Maps from 1956, as I had it over where the present Chalk Street is now, which is sitting on the railway alignment. I have put in the stationmasters residence as listed in the Lands Department Survey of 1957, which was right next door to an amusement park. What a great place to have fun and trainspot at the same time. :D

Let Me Know Your Thoughts
trainz89_20121006_0001.jpg

trainz89_20121006_0000.jpg

Kindest Regards
Michael Gitsham
QHR Commissioner Of Railways

Last edited:
Michael, I just remembered I haven't sent you those W class plans yet that you'd asked for and which I had promised (they're scanned and ready to be sent :p - I've had a lot on my mind lately so it completely slipped it.) - if I remember rightly I think ad602000 asked for them as well? In any case, if anyone would like them, let me know and I'll email them off right away.

Mate, send them through; I would love to have a look at them, when I am not building Queensland Content.

Cheers,

Michael Gitsham
QHR Commissioner Of Railways

Michael, I just remembered I haven't sent you those W class plans yet that you'd asked for and which I had promised (they're scanned and ready to be sent :p - I've had a lot on my mind lately so it completely slipped it.) - if I remember rightly I think ad602000 asked for them as well? In any case, if anyone would like them, let me know and I'll email them off right away.

hi mates
i had not thought of using invisible track.
i might try that later, thanks

i have another problem.
turning the pc on and entering trainz, i got a window, see screenshot,
this is movable, but not re-sizable.
i checked the options and i do not have windowed in there. i never had it there either

any idea how i can go back to the normal full screen?

thanks
ron

hi mates
i had not thought of using invisible track.
i might try that later, thanks

i have another problem.
turning the pc on and entering trainz, i got a window, see screenshot,
this is movable, but not re-sizable.
i checked the options and i do not have windowed in there. i never had it there either

any idea how i can go back to the normal full screen?

thanks
ron

try pressing alt + enter

Good job Willeam2 on Maroochydore and Valdora the cane loco's if they get released will make a good pair of locos on my route. My
route is a Fairymead sugar mill's line to Yandarin or Bucca the line has had a big cut back so I am only doing whats left of the once extensive
network of line over north side of the Kolan river.

Snip.....Instead of whinging you should give it a go your self if you think your good enough that is as Europe and the US have raised the bar age's ago for Content Creation and i doubt we'll ever catch them.
Cheers Mick.:)
What is wrong with dreaming, you just never know what might happen. Regarding content creating speak for yourself, I am doing MY part as best as I can. So do quite a few other Oz content creators.

Payware is a different kettle of fish, if you are not good enough in delivering good stuff, no one will buy but as for Freeware, well, as said, some of us do alright :p.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Back