Australian screenshots

QR Goods Wagons Part 1

Hello Everyone,

Just finishing off some off my old projects from the workshops. I have got alot of old QR Goods Wagons that I started a while back, and I am getting finished now, so there is alot of them so I will break them up in segments. Do not fear, I shall make a NG version to keep you NG gimmie pigs at bay. So Enjoy all 10 of them. :p

QR VST Ballast Hopper
QRVSTBallastHopperOBV2_zps4c0557f9.jpg

QR CMI - Insulated Wagon; Used to Convey Processed Meat Using Ice Blocks
QRCMI-InsulatedMeatWagonOR_zpsb634cef5.jpg

QR F Wagon - Did you know QR Measured Crossing Loops using these wagons.
QRFWagonOR_zps18e52dbe.jpg

QR WW - Garratt Watertank [frame] I just can not get the tank right yet, so I have called on a friend to complete the tank.
QRWWWagonFrame_zps0c4f0341.jpg

Kindest Regards
Michael Gitsham
QHR Commissioner Of Railways

Hi Ron, I assume you plan for the cream shed to be on the platform itself to load onto passing trains, not on that siding on the end of the platform. Some places had the cream section of the passenger platform built up to wagon floor height to allow easier handling.

hi peter
that was the plan, but the station has the small raised platform where the creamshed is supposed to go.
its set back for now until i can find something that will fit into it.
same for the 2 advertising billboards.
they're there to remind me that there should be a dirt cutting there

thanks for the help mate
ron

hi peter
that was the plan, but the station has the small raised platform where the creamshed is supposed to go. Ron

For the benefit of others also planning a QR cream shed from the steam train era, my QR structure plan booklet says the shed floor is 2'6" [approx] above rail height. For the younger folk; 2'6" = 2 ft 6 inch.

Ron, sounds like you have it all under control and well done as you are putting a lot of research into that route!!

Cheers
Peter

For the benefit of others also planning a QR cream shed from the steam train era, my QR structure plan booklet says the shed floor is 2'6" [approx] above rail height. For the younger folk; 2'6" = 2 ft 6 inch.

Ron, sounds like you have it all under control and well done as you are putting a lot of research into that route!!

Cheers
Peter

Errr well, I take full responsibility of that mistake Peter, not many of us are affiliated with the railways to have your (QR structure plan book) to create certain objects to true scale. All I had was a Canesig Doc to follow through and from that alone the dimensions were purely at an estimated guess.

Marty

Last edited:

DD 584 works it's way out of Lilydale with a Healesville bound goods.

DD 584 rolls past Black's Siding just before Coldstream.

Having passed through Coldstream, the train powers along the embankment at the start of the floodplains.

Zec

hi mates

nice screens falcon500

thanks peter

m,arty, where is your shed at?
i can't find it on the black dls, but that's nothing unusual. below is roadvale station area

i don't know if this roadvale is in the right spot even.
nobody can give me roadnames besides the station or where the station was at.
looking at the maps, this seemed the logical spot

cheers
ron

Errr well, I take full responsibility of that mistake Peter, not many of us are affiliated with the railways to have your (QR structure plan book) to create certain objects to true scale. All I had was a Canesig Doc to follow through and from that alone the dimensions were purely at an estimated guess. Marty

Marty, your post suggests you have a cream shed with different arrangement to the 2'6" data I posted earlier. Seems I missed your cream shed on I assume an earlier screen shot or similar. As I enjoy dairy / perishable traffic screenshots, could you send me a PM with details, please?

I am aware of the Canesig cream shed restoration article you mentioned above which would be very similar to 2'6" off the ground, judging from the picture of the man painting the yellow platform edge. If you were working from that then you would be extremely close indeed to correct, so keep yours as it is!

The Canesig cream shed http://www.zelmeroz.com/archives/2012/amrm_295-CreamShed.pdf and http://www.zelmeroz.com/album_model/layouts/csrm/lz_6754w.jpg

LATE EDIT; cream shed loading platform height was determined by both the rail wagon's floor height and the height of the farmers dray or ute. Standard gauge wagons maybe higher then QR so adjust accordingly.

Cheers
Peter

Last edited:
hi mates

nice screens falcon500

thanks peter

m,arty, where is your shed at?
i can't find it on the black dls, but that's nothing unusual. below is roadvale station area

i don't know if this roadvale is in the right spot even.
nobody can give me roadnames besides the station or where the station was at.
looking at the maps, this seemed the logical spot

cheers
ron

Howdy Ron, You have obviously used it in a couple of your screens lol!

<kuid2:103179:1920:1>.

Marty, your post suggests you have a cream shed with different arrangement to the 2'6" data I posted earlier. Seems I missed your cream shed on I assume an earlier screen shot or similar. As I enjoy dairy / perishable traffic screenshots, could you send me a PM with details, please?

I am aware of the Canesig cream shed restoration article you mentioned above which would be very similar to 2'6" off the ground, judging from the picture of the man painting the yellow platform edge. If you were working from that then you would be extremely close indeed to correct, so keep yours as it is!

The Canesig cream shed http://www.zelmeroz.com/archives/2012/amrm_295-CreamShed.pdf and http://www.zelmeroz.com/album_model/layouts/csrm/lz_6754w.jpg

LATE EDIT; cream shed loading platform height was determined by both the rail wagon's floor height and the height of the farmers dray or ute. Standard gauge wagons maybe higher then QR so adjust accordingly.

Cheers
Peter

Thanks Peter, PM sent!

Cheers,

Marty

Howdy Ron, You have obviously used it in a couple of your screens lol! <kuid2:103179:1920:1>.
Thanks Peter, PM sent! Cheers, Marty

I have just discovered there are at least two cream sheds available for Trainz download, as our more astute members already had realised long before me!! These are by Willem2 and Marty. A few months ago I read a lengthy discussion on one of the model train forums [plastic HO scale type] about the various types of railway platform style cream sheds used in parts of Australia, so clearly there was more than one type in general railway use. That shows the value of doing your own state based research.

Marty, your PM has arrived, which is how I discovered the cream sheds were on the dls. My data was not meant to correct DLS material by you or Willem2, as I was not aware of their existence but just to help Ron in his height placement.

Cheers
Peter

Hi folks,

What happened to BearCat245? I can't find any of his content on the DLS.

I'm sure you're familliar with the connecting rods used on the NSWGR, particularly in rural yards. So far, I have found a few different connecting rods on the DLS, but have not found one item in particular. You may have noticed, that when the connecting rod for the switches and signals needs to sharply change direction, the rod ends are connected by a chain, which runs around a pulley on the ground. Has anyone created one of these, or would anyone create a low poly one (I'll beg! :p) please? It looks incredibly unrealistic to have the rods connecting at 90 degrees, no chain & pulley.

Cheers,

Chris

Hello all, just a question I wish to make the NSW SRA DP100 (Silver City Comet) share the same cab as the 620/720 Fleet. But when I open it in Content Creator Plus it wont let me make any change to it and says I do not have the right to alter anything on it. I respect natvander's decision on this but is there anyway to get into it just to change the cab?

There is no way to do as you wish
Hello all, just a question I wish to make the NSW SRA DP100 (Silver City Comet) share the same cab as the 620/720 Fleet. But when I open it in Content Creator Plus it wont let me make any change to it and says I do not have the right to alter anything on it. I respect natvander's decision on this but is there anyway to get into it just to change the cab?

Sorry but bearcat245 is no longer with us - do a search there is a theard on this

His content can be now found under the user name of NSWGR_46Class

Hi folks,

What happened to BearCat245? I can't find any of his content on the DLS.

I'm sure you're familliar with the connecting rods used on the NSWGR, particularly in rural yards. So far, I have found a few different connecting rods on the DLS, but have not found one item in particular. You may have noticed, that when the connecting rod for the switches and signals needs to sharply change direction, the rod ends are connected by a chain, which runs around a pulley on the ground. Has anyone created one of these, or would anyone create a low poly one (I'll beg! :p) please? It looks incredibly unrealistic to have the rods connecting at 90 degrees, no chain & pulley.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Cameron,
Yes I'm making the entire network, before the monorail closes next year. I have all of the Light Rail track and half of the monorail. I would need more Sydney CBD buildings for the monorail and the Star City and Pyrmont tram stop specially made (anyone want to help) and John Street Square Station. I may do the Dulwich hill extension after its finished.

hi mates

marty, peter
i can only find the 1 cream or milk shed that is active.
i need 1 thats just sitting there with no rail
any ideas?
thanks
ron

Ron,

I am going to send it to you via email when I send you some new goodies from the workshops. I got a Butter, Fruit and Insultated Box Wagons - QR S Timber Wagons. I also got a QR Double Track Level Crossing to give to you. I got a few Guards Vans, Passenger Carriages and some station signs.

Also regarding the station, use AJS Tramstop, I use it all the time for small wayside halts on my GWR and QR Routes. Its height adjustiable and works fine in Ts2012.

Kindest Regards
Michael Gitsham
QHR Commissioner Of Railways

hi mates

marty, peter
i can only find the 1 cream or milk shed that is active.
i need 1 thats just sitting there with no rail
any ideas?
thanks
ron

Back