Article: Community Edition & T:ANE - Q&A

So, What if Someone prordered a boxed edition of T:ANE? are we screwed and have to wait till February?
I preordered a boxed edition of T:ANE standard edition but I did it on a guest checkout, So I have not recieved any word on it, And I diddnt see a question like this posted anywhere.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by peterwhite

When you first released the beta edition you stated it was successful for 95% of the people that downloaded it. Unfortunately I was one of the 5% that was unsuccessful, but after submitting my computer specs I have heard nothing more. Will I be able to run the Community Edition?????

Peter

Would be nice if somebody from N3V could attempt to answer this question!!!!

Peter

As this is a question and answer thread, I have raised the question and would appreciate an answer from someone at N3V. To totally ignore the question is, in my opinion, quite rude and is not what I would expect from your company.

I have noted that other peoples questions have been answered by Tony and Zec and as this is your thread Tony I know you will get notification everytime somebody posts.

Even if you do not know the answer you could say so rather than ignoring the post.

Peter

Downloading T-ANE Ce atm. Over one and a quarter hour to download the zip file.

Probably another two hours to install.

Cheers,
Bill69

disappointed

Let the fun begin......

well downloaded the tane community edition.. with alienware m17x and ssd and gtx880m the game still sucks at 17fps and cartoonish type textures..even after setting resolution at 1920x1080 the trains and consists seems to be stretching as if wrong resolution applied.. as seen on covers etc.. the loco and overall simulation is pathetic compared to older ts12.

utter dissappointment

Anyone receive their T:ANE Community Edition Email today as scheduled?
Inquiring as I have not received any available information or known bug listings.

Let the fun begin......

i got it

well downloaded the tane community edition.. with alienware m17x and ssd and gtx880m the game still sucks at 17fps and cartoonish type textures..even after setting resolution at 1920x1080 the trains and consists seems to be stretching as if wrong resolution applied.. as seen on covers etc.. the loco and overall simulation is pathetic compared to older ts12.

utter dissappointment

Ref E-mail

Step 7:

If you ordered the Deluxe or Collector's Edition, the additional routes and sessions will be available in-game for download. The final Boxed version of T:ANE Deluxe will include all routes on disk.

Note: Your Bonus DLC content will be available upon retail release of T:ANE.

For further information on T:ANE Community Edition and for troubleshooting help, please visit our T:ANE-CE Frequently Asked Questions page www.trainzportal.com/tane/faq.html.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by peterwhite

When you first released the beta edition you stated it was successful for 95% of the people that downloaded it. Unfortunately I was one of the 5% that was unsuccessful, but after submitting my computer specs I have heard nothing more. Will I be able to run the Community Edition?????

Peter

As this is a question and answer thread, I have raised the question and would appreciate an answer from someone at N3V. To totally ignore the question is, in my opinion, quite rude and is not what I would expect from your company.

I have noted that other peoples questions have been answered by Tony and Zec and as this is your thread Tony I know you will get notification everytime somebody posts.

Even if you do not know the answer you could say so rather than ignoring the post.

Peter

Seems like you already new the answer but didn't want to say.

Yes, you are quite correct, it doesn't work. TS12 works fine with good frame rates so I thought an improved version would be great. How wrong could I be. Can I have my money back please?

Peter

If the hardware isn't up to speed, wishing won't make it work any better. I'd like a chauffeured limo too but the wallet doesn't stretch enough so don't have one. Minimum specs were published so everyone could decide if they could join the fun. But even at the minimum, expecting super performance is unrealistic for anything more than a simple map. Back to the car analogy, it's like people who drive on an autobahn with their old family sedan and expect to be able to keep up with the big boys, not going to happen.

I agree with everything you say Martin. I have more than minimum spec in every department but I have two graphics cards, a built in one that is not good enough, and a second configurable one that is more than adequate. T:ANE will not look further than the lower spec card and I reported this when the first beta was distributed and I have heard nothing since.

Peter

I can point TS12 towards my second graphics card so why not T:ANE. I do not intend spending hundreds, if not thousands of pounds on a new computer to play a £50.00 game when the computer I already have is quite adequate.
So, like I said , money back please.

Peter

Peter - I cannot see that happening. When you put in your bug report in, did you explain exactly what was happening? Also, have you checked the dropdowns in the Settings box?

Shane

OK - I would suggest posting in the thread that JCitron has just created so N3V can be aware that it's still happening. Also, check if it's on the Known Issues list.

Shane

I can point TS12 towards my second graphics card so why not T:ANE. I do not intend spending hundreds, if not thousands of pounds on a new computer to play a £50.00 game when the computer I already have is quite adequate.
So, like I said , money back please.

Peter
Is this an NVidia card? On the NVidia control panel, there is a dialg where you can assign a specific GPU to specific programs. So when my TANE is running, NVidia makes sure the NVidia card is working for it and not the built-in GPU.

Back