Are you a rail photographer??

This is when I visited IRM last year. I hope to purchase a video camera sometime so I can post longer and better quality videos one day.

Northbound grain on the BNSF Seattle Sub.

Regards,

DSC_0971%20S_zpsrxhbxbul.jpg

My turn! Not a good shot... At all... Lol but here is one from yesterday. Since my school is near a train station for the Long Island Railroad, I can go to the platforms whenever I want to photograph the locomotives. After a few days of poking around I finally called an LIRR M4!

Here are a couple from 611 Deadhead move to Manasass.
611 with a line of pacers following along side of her. Lucky Hill, Va

611 blowing steam. Bealton, Va

a random upclose shot of 611

Today 35Q had a solid EMD lashup, SD40 (P5) SD60E 6920 and a SD70M-2

Hope yall enjoy. More to come Sunday night or Monday

N&W J-Class 4-8-4 #611 on her last Excursion run of 2016, This video shows her deadhead move to Manassas between Proffit, Va and Bealton, Va with some amazing audio and footage including Pacing her between Remington and Bealton.

The second half of the video is her last excursion run of 2016 between Manassas and Front Royal Virginia. Including some amazing footage of her Struggling up Linden Hill with her throttle to the roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bA9vDD1xE

Took a detour on the way home, took a few pics. Nothing special, I don't really have any photography skill lol

NZEQjNg.jpg

U6ISgvv.jpg

tw7ouhb.jpg

This one came out of nowhere fast, didn't have any time to focus the camera hah
Xe5PLbt.jpg

Ah, that's better
xdhLuTL.jpg

Cheers,
SM

You could say I hit a jackpot railfanning today. I caught TWO CP ES44ACs hundreds of miles from home rails. One of them was leading a train! Literally the first time I have caught a non-UP-owned unit leading a UP train.
EsRXosQ.jpg

QIQlVBX.jpg

uR7uxJj.jpg

Also, Triple Pacific anyone?
9MwpGXB.jpg

Took ~1000 pics on my recent trip to Folkston. Here's three of them (not my best by any stretch of the imagination). Stayed in the Ms. Chessie caboose as usual, which is always a wonderful experience. I highly recommend any of the Railside Lodging properties if you happen to be there.

A northbound rack train out of Florida passes the famed "Chessie Cams"
0646508c2fc53277b8870cce630b0904.jpg

A southbound manifest with a rare ex-Reading SW1001 trailing rounds the curve at the Folkston Funnel.

8ce7a3b6bf653a48598342e32ec9a0a6.jpg

The northbound Silver Meteor makes near perfect time through Folkston on a blisteringly hot Tuesday evening in July.

87dd48f1beff8579a54a0135290e909e.jpg

Thanks for viewing,
judah

Couple weeks old, sure, but a few decent pics I took on a trip to Elkhard, IN.

rDIKkWR.jpg

icDHR4a.jpg

8OVH5yX.jpg

rGuNVQC.jpg

I don't think Flickr likes my 4k images... oh well.

Cheers,
SM

Dang, I had some really good pics from the St Louis Museum of Transportation...
Too had that android is broken beyond belief.
And I risked getting in trouble getting a good shot of the GG1 too!:(

Back