Anyone seen this problem ?

seeseeme

Getting Older :)
Hi everyone,

I was not sure which forum to place this thread, so sorry if it's the wrong one.

I am having a "graphic" sort of problem and the example below is from one of Pofig great Speed trees in 2010. I have also seen it with some rolling stock I have been helping out with but so far these are the only examples. The problem is only with 2010, in TS12 the items look great.

pofig02.jpg

Recently I upgraded my Graphics Card (to a Gigabyte GTX 560Ti) and I am not sure if this has something to do with it. If it was something with the card I should adjust then why do the items show fine in TS12. Maybe because of the new card I should make an adjustment to the settings in 2010, I do not know. I have been making some adjustments to see if they improved the appearance but nothing seems to work.

The rolling stock I have been helping with show up fine on the creators computer.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Craig
:confused::confused::confused:

I very occassionally get that sort of thing on speed-tree trunks, but only in extreme close-up views. Normally pulling the camera back just a tad fixes it, although looking at your screenshot again I am normally in a busy spot, not just a single tree...

Last edited:
Craig it's possibly the hardware acceleration issue. If you have "Enable hardware accelerated texture compression" ticked in the settings try unchecking it and open and recommit the offending assets.

HTH
Davido

Dermmy, you can see the effect no matter how far away you go (with in reason).

Davido, you where exactly right. I did as you said and now they all look as they should. At least the treez will no longer scare the sheep :hehe:

Many thanks to both of you for your help.

Craig
:):):)

For future reference, I have a tutorial on how to fix this issue. See the thread that is linked to in my signature.

Bear in mind that all assets committed before the fix is applied will need to be opened for edit and recommitted.

Shane

Thanks Shane, just saw one item that needs fixing again.

I'll check out your tutorials as well, I am curious as to what you now have compared to the last time I looked.

Craig
:):):)

Back