Game minimum requirements

ambroix-tgv

Hello

I intend tu buy one of some newer versions of Trainz, but even if i've read a lot about minimum system requirements, i'm still not sure, which - if any - version of the game will work on my PC. I'm sure to have 16 GB ram and win 11, but i simply can not determine, how capable my processor anf grafic card are. I would like to posti here 3 printscreen of the info obout my pc, i've managed to get, but i can't find the option of adding pictures to this post.
In system info I can read, that i have an Intel UHD Graphics and that the adapter ram is 1 GB, but i'm not certain, if this is all the info about the graphic card. While for the processor i can read, that i have an Intel Core I5 1035G1 cpu with 1.00 Ghz 4 core(s) 8 logical procesor(s). In the past i had no problem to understand my pc capabilitues from the control panel, but the newer the version of windows, the harder is to comprehend system infornations.

Can anyone, please, help me to understand, how can i know, if any newer version of trainz from tz 2010 on would work on my pc? I've played tz 2006 years ago, but it does not work in win 11. And of course, I would like to have a game, that will allow me to costumize scenaroos or build them from scratch, as well as to ad costum made or contet creators made content.

Pleeeeeeesa, heeeeelp!

I have a laptop running an intel hd 4000 which has a 3d score of 345

I built Middleton for laptops which is UK based and runs around 22 fps which works. It doesn't use speedtrees or a lot of scenery.

Your system is more powerful https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i5-1035G1-Laptop-Processor-Ice-Lake.423867.0.html it has a 3D score of at least 1,000. 10,000 3D score is usually the minimum recommended.

So yes it will run. However you'll need to set the sliders over to the lower end and be very selective on your choice of assets. Also watch out for overheating as this will slow the processor down.

TS22 is the most efficient strangely enough based on the same content but do set the distance well down. TANE is cheap way to take a look at the game and was used as the basis for Middleton for laptqps.

https://www.jatws.org/johnw/middleton.zip contains most of the content from Middleton for laptops but you will need some content from the DLS.

Dellrefurbished have workstations that can be picked up quite cheaply. 8 core w xeon with quadro p4000 video card will run trainz but has room to drop in a better video card.

So the answer is yes just about and you'll need to experiment to see what runs best.

Cheerio John

Thanks for the fast response. But I'm not anymore so much in computers to understand completely everithing you wrote. Actually I'm not interesred in the latest version of Trainz, one of the reason is the cost. I wonder, if trainz 2010 or 2012 or maybe TS New age, which are all older, would work. If the graphisc is less complex, I do not mind, for me the graphics of TS 2004 and 2006 wed pretty fine. But i got no info, if ts 2010 or 2012 would work in win 11. I tried to find a support mail fr9m Auran on this pages, but have found none.

Thanks for the fast response. But I'm not anymore so much in computers to understand completely everithing you wrote. Actually I'm not interesred in the latest version of Trainz, one of the reason is the cost. I wonder, if trainz 2010 or 2012 or maybe TS New age, which are all older, would work. If the graphisc is less complex, I do not mind, for me the graphics of TS 2004 and 2006 wed pretty fine. But i got no info, if ts 2010 or 2012 would work in win 11. I tried to find a support mail fr9m Auran on this pages, but have found none.
Go for TANE, it will make better use of your computer hardware than TS12 or 2010 will and the content has fewer errors. 2010 for example only uses one core of the CPU TS12 uses hardly any GPU.

Cheerio John

What is TANE?

And which of those versions have the possibility to:

- costumize built-in scenarios (making a copy of them first)
- build an my own scenario from scratch, adding content from dls as from third-party creators?
- having a programe like one in ts 2006 or 2007 (can not remember the name), that enables the player to disable and therefore remove from the game different type of items as well as to change for example the maximum speed of locos.

Do ts2010, tr2012 or TANE all have all the features, listed above? Becouse my goal is to built one of the transalpine lines, possibly the brenner pass line from venice to munchen and "populate" iz with modern trains in modern obb and db like statons. I'm interested in building an my own, nowadays HST railroad world,

So: would TANE enable me to do all that better then ts2010, ts2012 or maybe i should purchase ts new age or ts 2019, if they would work with my cpu ad gc? My greater concern is the graphic card, and of course, in the end i would like to have a world with trains running smothly.

thanks to all in advance for suggestions

T: ANE is Trainz A New Era and was built from the ground up using a brand-new game engine offering more effiecient ways of doing things and takes advantage of the hardware that the old versions could because this is a 64-bit version and not the slower 32-bit version that TS12 and below are. T: ANE offers everything the previous versions did and then some including shadows and lighting effects that the old versions never had.

T: ANE is quite capable of building the route you want to create. Speaking of which, I would scale that back initially before you start your project so you can learn the software. Trainz is quite complex and it's best to learn the ins and outs first before attempting to build anything big and complex. Many of us here have been using Trainz since the early days and believe me we've all been there with high hopes and dreams only to get bogged down with the work involved.

or maybe TS New age, which are all older,
Hmm, ❓ I wonder if "TS New age" is a translator rendering of Trainz A New Era, TANE, since googling train simulator new age is getting results but not that result, and is showing TANE instead.

But anyway, I still use Trainz A New Era on a computer which is about 8 years old and TANE does enough and offers enough that I still use it.

Through the game's "Manage Content" function there can be found all manner of train cars, train locomotives, scenery, structures, automobiles, people, animals, different types of track, different gauges of track, various AI functions, to download and use, in addition to those which the game comes with.

Thanks guys, in this case I will probably opt for TZ A New Era.

And yes, JCitron, I know pretty well, how many hours can someone spend for a much smaller route, then the one, I would like to build. Actually I've started to build it with trs 2006 or 2007 and the German version, called Pro Train Perfect, a few years ago. I have even build some low polygon an very low resolution trackside objects, like platform, pltf signs, and catenery, couse the so called scenery objects were to difficult to align perfectly on platforms. I've almost completed a rough version of Venezia Santa Lucia Station with reduced number of platforms, but then left the project aside. In a few years, pc technology made so much progress, that the old trs became obsolete and my project with it.

I wonder, if newer content for trs can still be made with g-max, a simplified version of one of adobe 3D design programe.

Thanks guys, in this case I will probably opt for TZ A New Era.

And yes, JCitron, I know pretty well, how many hours can someone spend for a much smaller route, then the one, I would like to build. Actually I've started to build it with trs 2006 or 2007 and the German version, called Pro Train Perfect, a few years ago. I have even build some low polygon an very low resolution trackside objects, like platform, pltf signs, and catenery, couse the so called scenery objects were to difficult to align perfectly on platforms. I've almost completed a rough version of Venezia Santa Lucia Station with reduced number of platforms, but then left the project aside. In a few years, pc technology made so much progress, that the old trs became obsolete and my project with it.

I wonder, if newer content for trs can still be made with g-max, a simplified version of one of adobe 3D design programe.
Older content made for earlier versions of Trainz for the most part will work fine in later versions. N3V have tightened some of the error checking but it's usually fairly easy to correct the errors. Some content creators still create in GMAX creating .im meshes but for the most part people have moved to Blender. Some such as myself still create .im meshes using Blender. Newer versions of trainz do accept .fbx format models and pbr textures. If you're thinking of creating content I'd suggest moving to Blender. I use 2.79b but many use version 3 or later. Dig in the forums for tutorials on how to create with Blender.

https://forums.auran.com/threads/request-help-with-blender.175299/post-1989770 Cayden's video are very good.

Cheerio John

Back