Anyone interested?

bentrain14

does not make bogies
So I made these and some people were going "holy cow! These look awesome!" and "you should talk to JR about releasing them." I had to explain that I cant release them and JR wouldnt let me. However, Im curious as to know what you guys think about these two units. I am aware on the UP unit there are more wrongs than rights. So before you go bashing me, I work with I have. If i dont have it, I dont have it. Also I am aware I have several threads about reskins. I searched for the appropriate thread I made about reskins but i couldnt find any. So dont explain to me that either. With that being said, what do you guys think?
Dsjs5CJ.jpg

yuQr7XA.jpg

And a video of these in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwUW0ZdthTw

They look very cool ... But I am no expert ... If they are JR reskins ... Only JR can redistribute them ... If JR were to review them, they might decide that they are up to JR high standards ... but only JR can come to that decision.

As these are payware, they are only useful to you, on your own PC, and can not be re-distributed.

Yeah, I know. I've been doing this long enough, I cant release them Unless JR lets me. And that dream is long gone. lol.

The skin itself is ok, just your weathering is VERY unrealistic. On your skin it is even through out, on real locomotives there would be spots that have more

weathering rust, etc... then other spots. Put some rust under the vents, and black soot there too. The cabs are usually pretty clean, and the trucks should

have some dirt/gray ballast dust. Also maybe some oil spillage on the fuel tank. And you might want to redo the windows glazeing, the look to rainbowish. And

do just what Justin said, keep practicing!

Lol, guys! he thinks its weathered! Haha. No seriously, Its not weathered. Its a new way I texture things.

Well they looked weathered to me... If they are not you need to get a new way to texture things more "new". It looks like you dabbed a dirty sponge on it...

Its a little something I found which I am not ready to publicly announce. Anywho, I guess its back to the drawing board cause people want "new".

Hey Justin, I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but maybe you could tell him what he needs to practice on specifically.

Cheers,

Dave

Well, to try to build on this myself...

Its a new way I texture things.

What does this mean? I don't really see anything besides weathering. Are you thinking of the little micro-reflections that any piece of sheet metal has, from age and bends? Those are important to make things look realistic, but it's a little difficult to do those well outside of a specular map (but still doable). Really though, just make sure you're looking at a lot of prototype pictures and trying to understand the way metal behaves in different situations.

Of course, if this isn't what you meant, then it doesn't explain anything...

Well, I was not weathering. Ill give an example.
w2tIpTr.jpg

This is the effect I use. It kinda resembles this minus the heavy weathering.
89x2p4G.jpg

It kinda adds a dusted effect to it and brings out detail. I personally like it, but I want this to be good too. So what do you suggest I do for it? I havnt really figured out any way to simulate sheet metal all that well. And thanks for the feedback.
So it kinda takes away the shine.

Back