alphaing out on USLW GP30s

CSXguy3497

Trainz Route Builder
For some darn reason, whoever made the map for these units made it terribly. When I refer to it on the .texture file as the alpha, it also removes parts of the left cab side. Dynamic brake, and cab roof (towards the front).

It was most probably made terribly well for the current version way back when USLW was a thing. Those locos are very old now.

That content was made to TRS2004 standards. The .textures files are created when you installed them into TRS19. The original files used .tga and .bmp format.

I was gonna say. I was pretty sure that I saved them as .tga and .bmp formats. .texture is normally a built in content thing from what I remember.

I wonder if I still have the old PSDs somewhere.

Sorry I meant the .texture.txt

Whenever I refer to main as the Alpha in the .texture.txt file, parts of the Locomotive disappear. I was able to remedy this by reconstructing these missing parts in the map.

Yes, you did indeed save them as .tga Not sure about .bmp tho.

Sorry I meant the .texture.txt

Whenever I refer to main as the Alpha in the .texture.txt file, parts of the Locomotive disappear. I was able to remedy this by reconstructing these missing parts in the map.

Yes, you did indeed save them as .tga Not sure about .bmp tho.

Save them as uncompressed .TGA files. BMPs aren't handled very well.

You might want to look into the options for the .texture.txt file. You may have chosen the incorrect one for the alpha channel.

Texture file - TrainzOnline (ts2009.com)

Back