Advice on best way to give...

Shortline2

Hi people,

If I wanted to give away a version of Trainz, should I do it one of the following ways or another way?

1. See if the Trainz store still has a Random Give away option?

2. Try make some form of competition and let the winner get the prize by letting the community vote?

3. Just say I want to give so and so and let the first who contact me get it, or maybe the 14th who did it?

4. An option I yet thought about? :)

I was scramble my mind to see if I had a small mining route I could let people play with and let the winner get a Trainz upgrade, but then I realize, maybe that would not work...
Then I was thinking, let me say I want to give away, but I was not really feeling up for contact from random people asking for that gift...
I could ask my friends, except I don't have any... Or, truthfully, I asked my friend and he felt not for it so.. LOL
My husband is to busy feeling sorry for him self, so I can't hook him into Trainz, and I already have 3 or 4 old TRS2006 boxed versions laying around doing no use so will not do that clutter again...
Beside, this would be a digital download, so no box to lay around. LOL

I'm not active in Trainz really, but I follow the Forums and look forward to the Trainz future, but I have not creating anything since I last year ran into issues creating a incline model using the turntable function in Trainz, it drained me... :(

I would have loved to see what some talented people could do with a small mining theme route, but who want to spend time with that and then get a Trainz version if it was a wonderful presentation. Routes takes times, I know, I have tons of them... :eek:

Anyway, it's the latest Trainz I think about, TS12, in case I go for give away such a version - that is, if anyone wants it, given all the issues I read about... :wave:

Good night fellow Trainzers.

Linda

Morning Linda; Once you choose a person, I think if that person puts TS12 on his "wish list", he will receive it. I did this before with a first class ticket. I'm not sure if you can still do this, and it was not too big of a problem. Zec, or somebody helped me with it.
Perhaps you can give some person TransDem? This can be done quite easily, Roland will help you with it. I've seen in the forums many times that a person with Trainz wants to build a route, but cannot afford TransDem. This is the better gift in my mind, because that person may go on to make great routes, and you will, in a way, be giving a gift to the whole Trainz community. The hard part is choosing a person who you think really deserves it. Some folks just want everything they can get for free, others really could use a helping hand. You will only know if you have chosen the right person after you give the gift. If they seem very grateful, you have chosen the right one!

Cheers...Rick

Hi Linda,

Of course, you'd need to know who already has that version of Trainz, some of us purchased it, then, discarded it, as it wasn't for us, but, it still shows in our avatar that we registered it in our Planet Auran profile. I can't see someone who currently plays with TS12 wanting another one....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Thanks guys. :)

@ ex-railwayman, I somewhat see what you mean, I have TS12 my self installed, but the little I am in Trainz I tend to find my self in TS2010 instead, except I have one route of mine in TS12 - interest got lost though when I found I no longer could kick cars in that version, hard to do switchbacks I built then...
That was pre SP and patching, so who knows. :)

@ Rick, yes, the TransDEM idea was a great one, thanks! :) I been a long supporter of that program, even if I never fully got around to do what I needed it for, still enjoy it and love it, better the Trainz sometimes. LOL

Choosing the right person is hard, all the time, in most things in life, I guess. :)

Thanks for the feedback

Linda

Hello Linda, That surely is a kind and generous offer you propose, good on you for it.

Might I propose to you, a sort of Lottery. Perhaps browse the Forums for a handful of prospective recipiants, based on Versions of Trainz shown in their time-line, and your personal interest in their activities (Do they create content that YOU see value in?, Do they seem to have a lot to offer the community in return?, etc.)
-Once you have 5 or 10 people in mind, start a Poll, where other members can "vote" for a "winner".

Just a thought, to maybe take some of the weight off your decision.

Back