best choice for me?

choochoobob1212

so i have the following specs

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1155G7 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points
id like to know what trainz would run the best i just bought trainz 12 and can return it if i can run better. i didnt think to come here first and need to know before steam no longer lets me return it.

Last edited:
You have a 3D score of roughly 2,692. This is on the low end. I have such a laptop with Iris XE graphics and it does run, I suspect yours is a later version so the score might just be a bit higher. Trainz 12 uses the CPU more but TS22 makes more efficient use of your system and squeezes out a few more frames per second than TS19 or TANE. So choose your content carefully and set the performance sliders to the left. Set the distance to short. Middleton for laptops will definitely run. Don't expect long high detailed routes with highly detailed steam locos to run but it's doable.

Cheerio John

TANE isn't a bad choice and it's cheap.

TS22 https://store.trainzportal.com/pages/trainz-railroad-simulator-2022-base $69.99

Same content same viewing distance TS22 will squeeze a bit more out of your system hardware. Note your system is below the minimum recommended spec but having said that it will work.

Cheerio John

ok i just want to make shure before i buy it will 100% work on my computer. that said i got some old maps that i made on my old comp from trainz 12 that i want to transfer over to TANE is that possible?

ok i just want to make shure before i buy it will 100% work on my computer. that said i got some old maps that i made on my old comp from trainz 12 that i want to transfer over to TANE is that possible?
It should work certainly Middleton for laptops will run but your existing layouts might be too complex if they are heavy users of speedtrees and other resource heavy assets.

Cheerio John

It should work certainly Middleton for laptops will run but your existing layouts might be too complex if they are heavy users of speedtrees and other resource heavy assets.

Cheerio John
Middleton for laptops? Could you post some screenshots please.

Rob.

Since nobody else is saying it, your best choice would be a new computer/laptop. You won't have much enjoyment with Trainz using integrated graphics unless you plan on running routes with nothing on them at the lowest settings.

Since nobody else is saying it, your best choice would be a new computer/laptop. You won't have much enjoyment with Trainz using integrated graphics unless you plan on running routes with nothing on them at the lowest settings.
My HP pavilion gaming laptop has intergraded graphics, I've never had any issues running TANE, TRS19 and TRS22.

i want to transfer over to TANE is that possible?
Yes, it's possible :)

I'm not sure exactly where the Trainz 12 user data is saved, but TANE, TRS19 and TRS22 is saved at C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\N3V Games
All you have to do is copy the following folders from Trainz 12

Local
Original
Packages

If you build routes, ideal to back up these folders. If you have anything within these folders.

Backups
Editing

The pretty move these into TANE\build xxxxxxxx folder in the same user data location as above. C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\N3V Games
Hint: Probably best to back up those folders in a RAR file, don't use a normal ZIP file. You can use either WinRAR or WinZip to create and extract the RAR file.

Note: Before launching TANE, TRS19 or TRS22. Depending what you prefer to purchase! Make sure that you do NOT launch the game, follow these steps first

Click Trainz Settings
MyTrainz

Close Trainz settings window

Click Developer | Rebuild Trainz Database
Once the Trainz database has complete, exit Trainz. If using Steam, wait until Trainz has fully shut down, before relaunching the game.

Relaunch Trainz 'TANE, TRS19 or TRS22'. Now, you can Start Trainz! HAVE FUN :)

My HP pavilion gaming laptop has intergraded graphics, I've never had any issues running TANE, TRS19 and TRS22.
It really depends on user preference, I guess. If you don't care to run any detailed routes as they are intended with shadows, detailed trees, large draw distance, any rolling stock in yards, any of their fancy new graphics (PBR, HD Terrain), etc at low FPS, then sure it can work...sometimes. There are routes even the best graphics cards can't max out.

It really depends on user preference, I guess. If you don't care to run any detailed routes as they are intended with shadows, detailed trees, large draw distance, any rolling stock in yards, any of their fancy new graphics (PBR, HD Terrain), etc at low FPS, then sure it can work...sometimes. There are routes even the best graphics cards can't max out.
Good point there, didn't think of that ;)

Just a comment the minimum recommended specs are a GT 430 which has a 3D score of 602 and your integrated graphics are well above that.

Cheerio John

Middleton for laptops? Could you post some screenshots please.

Rob.

Basically I had a laptop lying around and thought I'd see if I could build something that ran on it. Chris {Nawlins} laid the track for me. The limiting factors were the poly count on the locos so that's why it uses a tram loco. UK based and the station layouts are from RMweb. Chris did a very nice session that includes fly shunting.

Cheerio John

@PhilChorusch01

TS12 puts the editing folder in the program's directory within the User Data directory.

This made backups easy since it was all including the program and also made moving the install to another machine easy too. The problem with having the data in the program folder is this was always on the boot drive and you know what can happen. During the early beta-testing, for T: ANE a request was made to make the data folder relocatable.

For the @choochoobob1212

I don't know what your budget is, but to get what you really would like to do without the limitations and frustration that you will encounter, I along with the others here really recommend getting a better machine. While T: ANE will work, it too will still be very limited in what it can do and what you really would like to do.

@PhilChorusch01

For the @choochoobob1212

I don't know what your budget is, but to get what you really would like to do without the limitations and frustration that you will encounter, I along with the others here really recommend getting a better machine. While T: ANE will work, it too will still be very limited in what it can do and what you really would like to do.
True but you can get a feel for it with integrated graphics and it is above the minimum specs for TS22.

Cheerio John

Back