A question about saving files....

conrailfan1999

Long Live Big Blue
Hello, I have recently created a few routes and will be releasing them soon! I have used various pofig trees on the routes and he was extremly kind to let me make a pack of the trees that are in each route. But I ran into a problem when trying to make the packs! For some of his trees when I right click on them in Content manager to save them as a CDP it won't let me! Is there any other way to save these files from content manager so I can put them into a dependencies pack?

Are you pre-sp1? If so I can't help...

Edit, I see you have vista... I have the same problem on my vista, I like windows 7 alot more...

Why are you running Trainz at the same time as Content Manager? You shouldn't do that if you are trying to manage content because the files are in use whilst Trainz is in operation. This causes files to have a lock on them and that prevents files from being copied, moved, or deleted.

Close Trainz and try your operation again.

John

Why are you running Trainz at the same time as Content Manager? You shouldn't do that if you are trying to manage content because the files are in use whilst Trainz is in operation. This causes files to have a lock on them and that prevents files from being copied, moved, or deleted.

John
Well thatnks for the advice but I had only content manager open and the problem was not fixed! :(

Are you running Content Manager as an Administrator? Have you tested this problem to see if it is the same with any other assets from other creators?

Andy

John

Not true, I am running trainz and cmp right now, I can rename, delete, clone, install, etc.

Is the content open for edit? Content that is opened for edit cannot be saved to a CDP without committing/reverting it first.

Shane

Another thing to check is if there is a circle with a line through in the local/download station icon (and also make sure it is indeed an icon of a laptop, not a DS icon).

Shane

Back