Signal number question

I am adding signals to a route I'm working on. As I add the signals, I am changing the signal # to a mileage and direction based system, which works better for me from a planning and troubleshooting standpoint. I drive to the milepost I want to add a signal, go into surveyor mode, make sure that I'm on the route layer, add the signal and change the name, then save. When I go back into driver mode, most of the signals reflect the newly assigned number but SOME display the old number when I hover the mouse over them . I'm running Trainz 2022 and using the Searchlight Signal 04, 06-LD and 06-RD signals.

Is there a way to correct this so that all of the signals display the new number?

Entering duplicated names did generate error messages in older versions of Trainz but not any more. Duplicate names are now allowed.

I just attempted to reproduce the conditions described in the first post without success - I was using Trainz Plus not TRS22 so that may be the reason or perhaps I had not added enough signals.

Try the following. Instead of using the UDS to switch back-and-forth between Driver and Surveyor to add the signals, do it all in Surveyor without using Driver. Does that make a difference?

Entering duplicated names did generate error messages in older versions of Trainz but not any more. Duplicate names are now allowed.

I just attempted to reproduce the conditions described in the first post without success - I was using Trainz Plus not TRS22 so that may be the reason or perhaps I had not added enough signals.

Try the following. Instead of using the UDS to switch back-and-forth between Driver and Surveyor to add the signals, do it all in Surveyor without using Driver. Does that make a difference?
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give this a try.

Back