Saving Files larger then 1 GB

Paul_Bert

Train Enthusiast
When will it be possible to save cdp files larger then 1 GB. With the new HD format, it is very easy to exceed this size in the route files. It really limits route building with this file restriction. Surely N3V is aware of this and is working on a solution.

I have saved CDP files up to 2GB. I have not tried to go farther than that, but I know if Trainz won't handle them, PevSoft's CDPExplorer will, and I can list the contents in CDPExplorer and check the ones I want to extract if I want to load them into Trainz.

I have saved CDP files up to 2GB. I have not tried to go farther than that, but I know if Trainz won't handle them, PevSoft's CDPExplorer will, and I can list the contents in CDPExplorer and check the ones I want to extract if I want to load them into Trainz.
That only works if the CDP has more than one asset. If it's a route that's been saved to a CDP, then it still can't be decompressed - I tried.

So apparently the only way to really save a route larger then 1 GB today which is in HD format is to save the entire user directory.

So apparently the only way to really save a route larger then 1 GB today which is in HD format is to save the entire user directory.
That and zip up the folder afterwards.

I've also run into VMM's TZarchiver not being able to read the new files. This presents a problem when recovering from backups as well because it's difficult to tell which file is what based on the name sometimes and looking inside prior to restoring junk is a whole lot more convenient.

Back