27" curved monitor....WOW!

autodctr

Wandering through Walmart yesterday and just had to look at the computer section. They had a 27" curved monitor by Samsung on sale for $129! So, I grabbed one of 3 that were left. Hooked it up this morning. What a difference! Trainz looks great!

I have two curved monitors. One is the Samsung 27-inch and also a Dell 32-inch. I got the Dell 32-inch for around $200 because I had points after purchasing my system, otherwise that one was $349. I paid a lot more for my Samsung one a year ago.

I was used to a laptop, but since I decided to go back to TRS and model making. It was decided that I would go for a large monitor and if at all, let it be curved. I have no regrets. I'm just thinking about what to buy as a second one. When creating, despite the large work surface, it is useful to have a second monitor.

I put my 24" above the new monitor. This machine has a lot of power, so I can watch the hockey games while running Trainz at maxed out graphics. The RTX 3080 climbs up to about 82*C, but all is well.

I put my 24" above the new monitor. This machine has a lot of power, so I can watch the hockey games while running Trainz at maxed out graphics. The RTX 3080 climbs up to about 82*C, but all is well.
I was given a 27-inch Dell rotatable display which I use for my general text and I moved the Samsung to another computer I use to run Pianoteq software. Pianoteq is used to drive my Roland LX-17 digital grand piano. I edit sheet music and text on my main system with the rotatable display. That's really helpful for that.

I adjusted the fan curves to keep my 3080 cooler using MSI's Afterburner. I had to play around with the profile a bit and I can keep the max at 72C which I'm more comfortable with and so is my video card.

I bought arms for two monitors. And I'm satisfied, it doesn't take up space on my desk. I can position myself with it as I please.
I can't imagine working on a smaller monitor and still having it on my desk.

I bought arms for two monitors. And I'm satisfied, it doesn't take up space on my desk. I can position myself with it as I please.
I can't imagine working on a smaller monitor and still having it on my desk.
That's a nice setup. Unfortunately, not all monitors today have VESA mounting holes making this useful setup useless. Who in their right mind would remove that from their design?

That's a nice setup. Unfortunately, not all monitors today have VESA mounting holes making this useful setup useless. Who in their right mind would remove that from their design?
I would counter that most monitors manufactured now are made with VESA standards in mind; they are more likely to have them than not.

That said I've used a 49 inch curved Samsung monitor for the past 2 years.

I would counter that most monitors manufactured now are made with VESA standards in mind; they are more likely to have them than not.

That said I've used a 49 inch curved Samsung monitor for the past 2 years.
I'll say it's the better brands that have them.

Back