Upload to DLS question

I am trying to upload my first route to the DLS via the content manager. However, when I do I get an error message telling me the upload failed because “I am not logged in.” But I must be logged in in order to get to the content manager……right? Plus I was just in the route, exiting out before trying to then upload. Advice?

But I must be logged in in order to get to the content manager……right? Plus I was just in the route, exiting out before trying to then upload. Advice?

Not necessarily.

The most likely explanation for this situation is that your TRS19 username and password do not match your Forum username and password.

The remedy for this is usually quite simple:-

1. From the Trainz Launcher select Trainz Settings
2. Select the MyTrainz tab
3. Under the section "MyTrainz account:" you will see (or maybe will not see) your username. Regardless, click on the blue underlined link.
4. Enter your Forum username and password. After entering there will be a short wait and you should receive an accepted acknowledgement.
5. Exit completely out of Trainz back to the desktop.
6. restart Trainz.

That works in the vast majority of cases. If not you will need to contact the Help Desk (link at the top of every Forum page).

I will try each suggestion. But, I am confused. What does this Forum have to do with the actual Trainz program? In the Wiki instructions regarding uploading it just says go to my content, find the asset you want to upload, then click upload to DLS.

Your forum username and password are also your Trainz username and password which gives you access to the DLS and DLC. It also sets which features are locked and unlocked in your copy of the Trainz program.

For example: originally when I upgraded from TRS19 Platinum Edition to Trainz Plus I did not need to download and install the new program, its features were (back then) already embedded in my copy of TRS19 Platinum Edition. In a nutshell, when you start Trainz it will "dial back home" to see what features you are allowed to use based on your MyTrainz account (which is the same as your Forum account) and it will then give you access to those features (if you have upgraded) or not (if you have not upgraded). The system has changed a bit since then but is still, essentially, similar.

It sometimes happens that the two registration can get "out of sync".

Thanks for your feedback. Very helpful. Is it me or is the program made more complicated than it needs to be through all of these issues that are not intuitive or self evident?

When I get the message that I am not logged, I make a second attempt shortly afterwards and it works without issue. It pays to be persistent with Trainz.

Is it me or is the program made more complicated than it needs to be through all of these issues that are not intuitive or self evident?

You could say that about every program. There will be "legacy" features that have to be supported (up to a point) because some users still need them. There will be other features that only "power users" will ever need and they will be a mystery to us "mere mortals", and so on. Many things will be classified as "under the hood" and are never seen by users but their function is vital to the operation of the program.

I make a second attempt shortly afterwards and it works without issue. It pays to be persistent with Trainz.

The causes can range from ISP problems, data routing issues, data syncing, and the phase of the moon.

Thanks to all for your help. I logged into Forum with same user name and it appears to have uploaded the route (no error message this time). I will check back in the DLS later to see if it is really there.

You should get an email message telling you that the update has been accepted (you may need to check your junk email folder). It can be a day or two (or three) before the upload will appear on the DLS.

Back