Problem setting direction in curved turnout

obirek

Hi,

I have a problem setting direction in a turnout lying on a curved track (like one on the picture below)

This particular turnout connects two curved tracks, one of radius 400 m, another 230 m. The distance between the splines is 14 degrees. The problem I have is that the turnout red/green arrow is not in sync with the turnout actual direction, e.g. on the picture below the arrow shows right direction, but the train will go left, as indicated by the signal. It looks like the track follows a zig-zag shape and near the junction point the two tracks cross over. This problem occurs on almost any curved track I build, but not on a standard one, i.e. connecting straight and curved sections. In many cases this problem can be ignored, but in some it can be difficult, for instance when setting maximum speed allowed depending on turnout direction.

Has anyone come across similar problem and knows how to fix it?

turnoutdirection.jpg

Turnouts on a curve can be problematic. I asked the same question a while ago, and got an answer but I'll be danged if I can find it now. Basicly, the diverging route takes a kink to the other side of the main and the train goes opposite of the arrows. If you can zoom in on the points of the turnout, looking into the turnout, you should see the track do this. Best thing I did was lay straight track, put in the turnout, then carefully curve the mainline. Hopefully, I'll find the answer that was posted and steer you to it.

Turnouts on a curve can be problematic. I asked the same question a while ago, and got an answer but I'll be danged if I can find it now. Basicly, the diverging route takes a kink to the other side of the main and the train goes opposite of the arrows. If you can zoom in on the points of the turnout, looking into the turnout, you should see the track do this. Best thing I did was lay straight track, put in the turnout, then carefully curve the mainline. Hopefully, I'll find the answer that was posted and steer you to it.

I did just what you suggested - I split spline at the turnout one end, straightened up the track and slowly connected back with the spline. This time the two tracks didn't cross over and the turnout arrow and signal are in sync.

Many thanks for your time and assistance!

Back