In Hospital

captainkman

You are reading this.
Hello.

I have some bad news. I hit my knee on the bus's coin box when the bus driver slammed on the brakes while I was standing up. It caused a 15cm laceration just below the kneecap. It also was deep enough to be 80% close to the bone, if that makes sense, and I broke a few tendons.

I have it stitched up and in a cast. I am in discomfort but no pain. The drips in my arm are causing me more discomfort than the leg.

I come out on Friday the 23rd (tomorrow at time of writing [9:00pm Thursday]) I get Friday off school and go back on Monday. Don't know how well that will go though. I was going to ask a girl out today, but that will have to wait.

The cast comes off in 4-6 weeks. :(

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks,

Kieran H.

Hope your well Kieran, best thing you can do is just rest up, and if your close to a computer, play trainz all day until you feel better, as for asking the girl out, good luck with that, I never had much luck unfortunatly, they look me up and down and then just laugh, maybe it was because I said "you don't sweat much for a fat girl"

Take it easy my friend, you'll be back on your feet in no time, and unfortunatly back in school as well.

Joe Airtime

Wow, bad way to spend Thanksgiving! As far as the girl goes, I agree with RR, play on her sympathies, but tell her you got "hit by a bus". It's true...

Thanksgiving is a US holladay, he's in Australa. A leg cast is a pain to live with, I had one when in the Army.

Thanks everyone.

@airtime: That's what I'm doing, just playing Trainz all day. As for the girl, I have an 85% chance of success as she already likes me. :)

@RRSignal: The cast isn't plaster. It's covered in velcro too. Good luck finding a place to sign it! She'll have to use a white-out pen too as its black!

@Euphod: I'm more worried about Christmas. I'll still have the cast on then. Won't be doing any non-Trainz YouTube videos for a while either!

And thanks everyone else for the kind words. :)

Kieran.

BTW, my parents are going to sue the bus company for negligence. Maybe the compensation money will buy me that '60s beetle I've always wanted. :)

Thats no good Kieran
Hope you recover completely with out on going problems
maybe a train might be safer:hehe:

Cheers,
Patchy

... and I broke a few tendons.

Hi Kieran - hope you are feeling better soon. Your comment about breaking tendons got my interest as I had a relatively minor cut on a finger some years back and severed the tendon. It had to be reconnected and I had my arm in a sling for weeks. I still cannot bend that finger fully.

Hopefully they reconnected yours.:)

ps - I'm still waiting for the Herbie asset you were going to send me so I can randomise the colour selection. Or don't you need it any more?

Cheers

Hello everyone,

I'm back at home now, with the drips out of my arm. I am on crutches. Regarding the tendons, mine were reconnected but I still cannot lift my leg at all. So I need help standing and sitting down.

I'm just sitting at home using my computer, the same laptop that I always use, with Trainz. :) So I'm happy for the most part. Just hope I can see that girl who was previously mentioned before the holidays. Next week is the last week of school before an 8 or so week holiday. I don't want to wait, but she is worth waiting for. :)

@Paul: With Herbie, the file was too large to send to you. I'll upload the CDP to MediaFire for you and send the link to you in a PM. I got the traffic version working too, except for the colours, so I'll send you both.

Kieran.

Progress update:

I'm at home, on my computer most of the day, on Trainz. I am also doing some assignments here as I cannot go to school to complete them in class time. I can now walk on the crutches, and it does not hurt. I'm also able to get myself up off the couch, but I still need my leg lifted so I can sit down.

I won't be going back to school this year (this is the last week for me anyway) so I've developed and executed another plan to keep in contact with the girl mentioned in my first post. More details on that at the end of the week. :)

I now have all the time in the world to get some serious Trainzing done. Might do some SnC sessions, and I'm getting Skipper1945's and Jay Holland's new locos, and the Ashburton - Windrush route. I just love branch lines.

If anyone needs some beta testing done, I have all the time in the world for that ATM. :)

Thanks for your support.

Kieran.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you are ok and mending Captain . I remember I was late for school one day and missed the first bus,the second bus was always too late , I was in a hurry and jumped off before it stopped and ran smack bang into the busstop's pole...my case and sandwiches and papers went flying into the road...fortunately the only hurt I had was my pride ...
There is a positive and negative to everything in life, + = plenty time for trainz at the moment for you.....- = you gonna miss all the trainz time when you are back at school :)

Wishing you a quick recovery - even though you can play Trainz all day, you will begin to miss school once the novelty of not having to get up kicks in. It's not like the summer holidays when you can go and play footie with your pals or cut along to the beach at Surfers Paradise with a girl on your arm.

Best of luck from a very wet and cold England!

Back