Turnout direction help arrows show wrong direction

leeferr

thanks for the memories
I've noticed that occasionally when I place a turnout switch machine, that the direction arrows will point opposite of the direction that the turnout is acually aligned. It shows correctly in surveyor, but shows differently in Driver. Has anyone else had this problem?

thanks, I've tried the deleting and re-laying and that doesn't always work, but I haven't tried the rotation. I'll try that next time and see if it helps.

In certain circumstances the junction branches can cross over one another very close to the junction spline point. The arrows are based on that point, so they will seem to point the wrong way, but in fact they are working correctly, and the track alignments need to be modified slightly to fix the problem.

Strange, but I have had the same thing happen to me, recently. I have never before experienced this problem. I have even tried relaying the junction in question, but it still ends up opposite to what it should be.

Hi every one,

It's a bug ...... OPPS! SORRY! Sorry! An undocumented feature!
It usually happens near the boundary between two boards. For some reason the logic gets reversed in the program's data base at that particular point on the map.

Move the entire turnout away from the 'cursed' location and everything will work normally.

If you cannot move the turnout away from the 'cursed' location I have found the following will fix it.

Placed the signals needed for that turnout. However for the signals on the diverging tracks place them back to front i.e. place the signal for the main line on the branchline and vice versa.
Now use the split spline tool on the next spline point on both the mainline and the branchline. Now drag the disconnected tracks attached to the points so they connect to the opposite track.
Now the points arrows and the signals will work correctly. However if you alter the points lever or the signals the computer will reverse things again and you will have to repeat the above step.

Lindsay

thanks for all of the help. I'll try out a few things and see if it fixes it. I thought that I might be the only one having the problem.
Mike

Back