Lock map so it doesn't swivel around?

clack45

Have just purchased TRS22 Platinum, had trs19 before, everything looks spiffing, but am having some problems when I am in a session, and press either 'M' for map on the keyboard, or access it through the top camera menu, and it will then show 'a' map which is sort of 3d, you can see the lower edges of the baseboards going off into the distance.
Everytime I go to the map, its at the wrong orientation, would prefer it to be aligned to north, and stick to that.
If one uses the arrow keys it will swivel and you can sort of align it to north, but its gone to another direction when you go back to driver, and then come back to the map.
Also, if you are in the driving position (No 1 key) and go to the map, and press 'M', or access the top camera menu map text to go back to the driving position, it puts you back at the free roaming camera (No 4 key)
Expect there's some little trick to getting the map to keep still.
Would prefer it to be 2D, but its always this 3D altitude map which appears.:confused:
Anyone any ideas?

I guess you guys never use Google Maps or Google Earth because it is always oriented to the last direction you were facing, especially when you enter / exit street view. Or is it only bad when N3V does it?

In games - and ALL simulators - I play(ed) where a map is available (+200) default is ALWAYS North at top (some have options to modify this). In Trainz it can't even be modified now!

Wow, +200 games and simulators, where do you find the time? The only other game / simulator I use is Transport Fever 2 which I find fun but rather limiting because of the small size of the map, making every distance somewhat unrealistic. In there the map is oriented in whatever direction I last left it when I closed the game so not EVERY map always has North at the top. I never installed other similar games so I have no personal experience with how they display their maps.

+200 games in more than 20 years is ca. 10 per year. I don't think this is a big number!

I've just noticed this in TRS22. When you bring up map now, all you're really doing is bringing up an overhead view of the route. Once you zoom down past a certain altitude you lose the map elements and it's just a view of the route, not a map. I've found the map view very useful in the past (particularly to identify junctions and points), so I can't understand why N3V would want to remove this functionality. :confused:

Paul

I guess you guys never use Google Maps or Google Earth because it is always oriented to the last direction you were facing, especially when you enter / exit street view. Or is it only bad when N3V does it?

Yeah, but at least there is map centering/orientation key that brings back to North orientation. N key, G-Earth. No idea why the same key doesn't work in Google Maps. They use Ctrl+Shift+U and +N for tilt reset and view reset, both of which are described in the Google help docs, but don't actually function, LOL.

image.png

That's all we need in the map view one key to assign. Problem solved ! 👌

Rico

Back