Creators Wanted:

mp202

As I am not very skilled in the creation of 3D objects, I turn to other creators who are willing to do so. We are looking for skilled content creators to join our team to make more items for download on our website.
Requirements:
18 y.o. +
Skilled in 3D design. (Locos, Buildings, etc.).
And Motivated in order to reach goals on time.

If you have any questions, email us. (Address in "Contact Us" on website). Or message me or my friend on Auran if you are interested,
BlakeDooley
DevinDman

If your wondering about payment, message me and I will try to work something out
We hope we here from you! :cool:

-Blake

Last edited:
sounds intresting. atm I got a few projects on the go mainly my DPR stuff. i do costom modeling and some requsts if asked i don't like modeling for websites.

good luck with your works.

sounds intresting. atm I got a few projects on the go mainly my DPR stuff. i do costom modeling and some requsts if asked i don't like modeling for websites.

good luck with your works.

well would you mind doing 1 locomotive for me. I cant find them anywhere. Its a Tomahawk Railway SW1500 i think.

Ofty6.png

well would you mind doing 1 locomotive for me. I cant find them anywhere. Its a Tomahawk Railway SW1500 i think.

Ofty6.png
I can give it a shot but that pic is very poor I can't work with it I need to work with a clare shot with detail or i'll be just gussing and the model would turn out horrable. I thot JC did some as paywere but i'll have to look at them. I don't wont to make something already out as paywere...

Last edited:
I can give it a shot but that pic is very poor I can't work with it I need to work with a clare shot with detail or i'll be just gussing and the model would turn out horrable.

Well your in luck, i live right on the main line that operates those locomotives as helpers. I can get you a really good shot and maybe a horn file in about a week or two. That pic was to give you an idea of what its like.

-Blake

That will work i'm always looking for new ideas for my growing stock of trains i got 2 routes on the go Dragons Pass & Easten Canadian Cordor. along with 2 new units I just relessed. I can use a brack form the orther projects. I got a shunter mesh already built and to mod it wouln't be hard. I make my grills look tranpartent and thay stand out too much. A SW1500 would have to be less details then the JR units and if you feel thay need some costom add ons to look a bit drifent then there shodn't be a copy right prolbem. Thats my only thing. I'm a picky modeler wend it comes to something thats looks close to a paywere unit.

All it has to be is a really accurate model and it has to look good becuase these locomotives are going towards my project route which i am selling. it doesnt have to be absolutely perfect like JR but it has to be as nice as this:

xsaOR.png

I'll start on the unit as soon as I get a free time to night prehaps. you can PM me with the pics or post them then I'll see what I can do. this shode be fun :) you can look on my website at the models I'v already built and get a idea of the unit.

Last edited:
I'll start on the unit as soon as I get a free time to night prehaps. you can PM me with the pics or post them then I'll see what I can do. this shode be fun :) you can look on my website at the models I'v already built and get a idea of the unit.

I already looked there. You have some pretty crazy routes haha. :hehe: And if you do a really good job, i might have you do a Tomahawk Railway GP20D. And thanks soo much!

I should think the number of responses you get will depend on how much you are offering to pay any modelers, although you could also offer a percentage of sales, which is another option.

Al

I should think the number of responses you get will depend on how much you are offering to pay any modelers, although you could also offer a percentage of sales, which is another option.

Al

Yes I was thinking about offering a percentage of the sales but I don't know yet because I havn't sold anything. And plus I dont have any money right now. But if people want payment then I can work something out.

-Blake

What you will need to do is research prospective sales for the product you plan, which could be tricky to do when you have no track record to draw upon, although you can use the sales popularity of other add-ons to gauge what would be a good choice, and the amount of freebie DLC downloads can also offer a guide to what makes a popular subject. But where actual numbers are concerned, it is a bit trickier to determine how you will do, since you are effectively an unknown quantity. Presently, Jointed Rail's NS Heritage models are selling well, and much of that is because they are current news in the real world of trains, and the locomotive those liveries appear on are ones which a lot of modern traction fans like, older less contemporary stuff is more likely to be subject to the whims of people's often not quite so esoteric tastes.

The screenie you posted of HP Trainz Marias Pass route is a good study case for that; as far as the scenery is concerned, it is accurate where DEM terrain elevation data is concerned, which makes it appeal to those who value prototypical realism, since the main appeal of the Marias Pass is of course tractive effort management required to get long trains up over Summit. But for most US rail fans, in terms of subject material, places like the Rathole, Marias and Donner being the legends they are, makes them no-brainers as subject material, since even people not necessarily that into BNSF would probably fork out money for a decent Marias Pass route anyway; I know I did, and I hate that orange BNSF scheme LOL, being more of an NS enthusiast myself when it comes to modern Class 1 railroads. Thus it is less important for a model of Marias to be peerlessly stunning from a visual modeling standpoint, or indeed where rolling stock is concerned, since there are no shortage of great BNSF models to be found, which is handy since such a product has had to balance eye candy with RAM usage owing to the fact that it covers about 200 miles of track through the mountainous terrain of the Glacier National Park, which has a lot of foliage about. Thus that product also has well designed sessions and the locations along the route relatively accurately custom-modeled, maintaining the prototypical plus point factor which it offers in being accurate as far as elevation is concerned, all this being the product's USP if you like.

Of course, modeling the entire Marias Pass route to any extent is no small creative task, but even with the work involved in having done so, it is still having to come in at a fairly inexpensive 20 Euro price point. If one works out the man-hours involved and cross references that with the price, minus overheads, and then also consider the number of units one has to sell to make a profitable venture where people might also take a cut as part of their fee for modeling, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that you'd have to shift a lot of copies in order to make your hourly rate for the work involved be something which would make it anything more than an interesting side venture rather than something you could expect to make a living off. The reality is that even people who work for really successful third party simulator companies such as PMDG rarely do that alone to make a living, and it is often a labour of love as much as anything else.

These are the sort of things you will need to study carefully in order to determine if something is truly viable, and you will have to have at least some figures to hand if you are to offer modeler's a percentage, because 3 percent of something which you can realistically project will sell well might be a great deal to offer, whereas 20 percent of something which sells next to nothing, is nothing. And with no track record, you're probably going to have to offer a higher percentage if you can't talk turkey with some convincing research figures relating to what prospective sales might be.

Al

Last edited:
Ok first the subject matter of the route I'm building is Illinois Coal. A long coal hauling route should offer a lot of challenge since you have to stick to a REALLY tight schedual. And i also designed 5 sesions already. They are yardmaster sessions like the ones in the Marias Pass Route X. Theres Pawnee Yardmaster, Springfield Yardmaster which is the toughest given its need for a variety of products, thus accepting more trains for service, Havana Yardmaster, and Powerton Yardmaster. Pawnee, Havana, and Powerton Yardmaster are all sessions that serve powerplants but they all vary in difficulty. Theres also Northbound Coal which resembles the session "Heavy Haul Over Marias Pass". All of these sessions are very difficult because, as I said earlier, trains have to stick to a tight schedual everywhere on the route.

As for the DEM, i dont have the money but I will soon. I will buy the software and start work on my route. And also the scenery changes a lot from the fields down south to the bluffs up north. Now another challenge people might find appealing as you said, the tough grades. Grades range from nothing to as much as 3%. Now your driving over these with 120 cars loaded with coal.

Now my research still continues but I believe that this route is equal to the monitary value and enjoyment playing as the Marias Pass. But thats only me. I will let the trainz community decide if its worth it.

-Blake

I seem to recall one of the payware sites will basically sell for someone else on a 25% commission ie the content creator gets 75%, you might like to keep that in mind when negotiating.

Cheerio John

I seem to recall one of the payware sites will basically sell for someone else on a 25% commission ie the content creator gets 75%, you might like to keep that in mind when negotiating.

Cheerio John

Okay and I think that's what I'll do. I only have enough money to pay one person and as of right now the position has been filled. Thanks for the advice! :)

-Blake

Back