Reqiure some help please?

goanna

Hi all

Over the years I have downloaded over 45,000 plus items form the DLS and third party sites, which works out to be about 40.7 GB.
My question is this.
Is there an easy way of keeping track of what I have downloaded so I don't start duplicating things that I have downloaded.

Thanks in advance.

Joe.

Yes and no. If you're using Content Manager, the items on the DLS "should" take care of themselves. If they're already installed the Status will show as Local and CM won't download them even if you try. If you aren't using CM or they're third-pary assets, you won't know you have them until you try to install them and CM says they're already installed and asks if you want to overwrite them.

Some More Help Please

I Have Just Received Trainz 2010 Engineers Edition And I Have Come Across A Problem. The First Time I Went To Start Trainz 2010 Engineers Edition It Started Scanning For Added Assets. The Problem I Have Is Its Taking For Ever And I Haven't Got Any Extra Assets. I Downloaded Some But Then Deleted Them To Try To Speed The Process Up The Only Extra Assets I Have Are For Trainz 2006. How Can I Speed This Process Up?
Regards PadraicORegan

Hi all

Over the years I have downloaded over 45,000 plus items form the DLS and third party sites, which works out to be about 40.7 GB.
My question is this.
Is there an easy way of keeping track of what I have downloaded so I don't start duplicating things that I have downloaded.

Thanks in advance.

Joe.
Joe I don't know if this will help you now, but this is what I do and it helps me alot. I create folders for each type content I expect to download. Then when I download anything I put it in it's folder. Then upload it to trainz from there. This serves two purposes. One it keeps me from downloading the same item twice, and it serves as a back up for all the content that I have downloaded.

When I download an item, I always first back it up, before anything else. My backup scheme is based on where I downloaded from, so items I obtained from the Download Station are backed up in a folder named DLS; Items from other free and payware sites get backed up into a folder with the name of (or derived from) the name of third party site.

ns

Back