Multi-Player help!

THEOTHEGREAT

For some reason every time I go on Harbor master or somthing and go on a Multi-Player server it says I need to download more things. What do I Do! Please help me, I really want to solve this.:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I think your in the wrong forum. I don't think that TS2010 has MP. I could be wrong but I think only TS2012 has MP.

TS2010 multiplayer was a BETA. Most people don't understand the meaning of beta, they see it and think it means "wow, free stuff!" BETA means UNFINISHED UNTESTED for testing purposes, not for computer dummies or for actual playing purposes. If it don't work it don't work, it's not supported because it's a BETA version.

Only way to actually solve the problem is to buy TS12;

http://www.auran.com/shop/TrainzSimulator12_view.php

Which has an actual finished multiplayer feature with most of the bugs found by TS2010 multiplayer BETA testers fixed. The TS2010 multiplayer BETA bugs will never be fixed because it was a BETA.

wow!
I got CHEATED! Great, now I wasted all that downloading from the DLS. Perfect. Now no more compatability mode, no more hopes of playing with other people, no more NOTHING!:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Well, if you didn't save a backup copy of TS2010 build 44088, reinstall it in a different folder, patch to 44088, then copy the UserData folder from the other one to get all your content into the new one. And you didn't get "cheated", any software you download with a "BETA" label on it is not guaranteed to do anything good, in fact there are no guarantees that a beta won't format your hard drive and get your dog pregnant.

Well, if you didn't save a backup copy of TS2010 build 44088, reinstall it in a different folder, patch to 44088, then copy the UserData folder from the other one to get all your content into the new one.
Please, I am exited to know how to go through this step by step. Please do.:D

I am excited to know you're exited

However if you're incapable of spelling "excited" it's unlikely you'll be able to do it. :'(

http://www.dummies.com/store/Computers-Internet/Operating-Systems/Windows.html

If you have to ask how, you would really benefit from buying and reading the "for dummies" book for your operating system to learn basic computer operation and file management. The procedure is simple to anyone who knows the basics;

1. Insert the disk for TS2010 in the drive, when the screen to install comes up, instead of just letting it install to the default C:\Program Files you change the install path to C:\ or C:\Games or someplace else.
2. When it's finished installing you patch it to build 44088.
3. Open Windows Explorer, browse to the folder that has the original TS2010 in it, copy the UserData folder from that. Change to the new folder, paste, answer yes to overwrites.

Didn't 2010 become a multiplater game to where everybody could play in late may or june??
I thought everybody could add the patch and play multiplayer.(the patch being build 44088 to 46170) it still in the auran/N3V Announcements.
So i would install 2010 again give it a defference name(like TSM 2010) after installing it then add the patch to bring it up to build 46170,now you have two 2010 one to build 44088 and one for multiplayer.
That what i did i use the 44088 for iportaling and 46170 for multiplaying.
(not as much because i have 12 now)

However if you're incapable of spelling "excited" it's unlikely you'll be able to do it. :'(

http://www.dummies.com/store/Computers-Internet/Operating-Systems/Windows.html

If you have to ask how, you would really benefit from buying and reading the "for dummies" book for your operating system to learn basic computer operation and file management. The procedure is simple to anyone who knows the basics;

1. Insert the disk for TS2010 in the drive, when the screen to install comes up, instead of just letting it install to the default C:\Program Files you change the install path to C:\ or C:\Games or someplace else.
2. When it's finished installing you patch it to build 44088.
3. Open Windows Explorer, browse to the folder that has the original TS2010 in it, copy the UserData folder from that. Change to the new folder, paste, answer yes to overwrites.
So I Make a new folder, then uninstall the original right? Plus I also have the Blue comet add-on.

Last edited:
No, I didn't say to uninstall the original. This is why I always recommend the "for dummies" books, we got a whole new generation of pointNclick people who don't have the first clue about computers, and always get themselves into trouble. Buy and read the book for your operating system and you can easily learn how to do this stuff.

Create a new folder, name it anything, or use an existing folder - in this example I used an existing C:\Games folder.

74050318.jpg

First thing is click NO on that screen, you want to make a different Trainz TS2010 folder, not overwrite any of the ones that are already there.

53454401.jpg

It defaults to C:\Program Files, if you're running Windows 7 or Vista you especially do NOT want to install in Program Files, even in Windows XP there's no actual advantage to installing in Program Files, so don't let games install themselves there anymore. Click the Browse button and point it someplace else.

15139879.jpg

Here I have redirected it to C:\Games. After it's finished, download the 44088 patch, apply the patch to the new version you just installed. The patch will want to go to the wrong place by default, so redirect it to the right place - the Browse button in the patch isn't labeled "Browse", they just used three dots for some reason.

28595794.jpg

After it's patched to 44088, delete the UserData folder from the new version, copy the UserData folder from the old version to replace it, get all your addons into the new version.

Will i didn't go thru all that. I just Install 2010 gave it a diffenerce name added the patches and it been working find.
After trying to add the patch i to got that massage clicked on the box with the tree dots added this C:\Program Files (x86)\Auran\what ever name you gave it\Train.exe Then clicked install. You will have to do this untill you get all the patches installed and up to build 49938.
Oh btw do a extented data base repair before doing anything after installing. Wait Wait.

Last edited:
Heheh, relax dude.
For the thousands of hours programming , the cloud DLS server, and the huge asset database, the community that puts in hours and hours designing models, maps , scenarios, and oh I could go on. It is worth the few dollars to get a new copy every coupla years or so!!
Oh, and to upgrade your graphics cards,motherboards & cpus as well. But that goes without saying....

Back