Deleting baseboards in Satellite view.

mattm

Doing my best.
How many other people knew of this ability in TS12 (possibly 2010?) Surveyor?

Where most other functions are disabled in Surveyor's Satellite view, the 'Delete Ground' function is not! By right clicking on a baseboard to select it, and then left clicking (with Delete Ground selected, obviously), it is possible to trim routes down to size, considerably quicker than if done the 'normal' way.

To think I only discovered this by accident this afternoon while working out which sections of my DEM needed trimming.:eek:

If people knew, why have you kept it from us?:confused:

Hope this helps someone,

Matt.

Most of us are well aware of it and it has been mentioned several times on the forum.

Last edited:
Most of us are well aware of it and it has been mentioned several times on the forum.

Fair enough,

This is the first time I've been made aware of the feature. Nothing wrong with asking if any one else is aware of it.

Matt.

Sorry, didn't mean to it come across as abruptly as that, nothing wrong with letting those that don't know about it know.

How many other people knew of this ability in TS12 (possibly 2010?) Surveyor?

Where most other functions are disabled in Surveyor's Satellite view, the 'Delete Ground' function is not! By right clicking on a baseboard to select it, and then left clicking (with Delete Ground selected, obviously), it is possible to trim routes down to size, considerably quicker than if done the 'normal' way.

To think I only discovered this by accident this afternoon while working out which sections of my DEM needed trimming.:eek:

If people knew, why have you kept it from us?:confused:

Hope this helps someone,

Matt.

It is new for me, so thanks for the heads up. Now, the next step forward would be when we could select multiple tiles and delete them with one click.

I knew this, but for some reason I have to move before I can delete, then I delete, then I have to move again

Jamie

I knew this, but for some reason I have to move before I can delete, then I delete, then I have to move again

Jamie

Jamie,

That's what I found. You have to select the baseboard before deleting it, otherwise nothing happens.

Still quicker than the conventional way, though, especially if you have boards to trim on both sides of a route.

Now, the next step forward would be when we could select multiple tiles and delete them with one click.

We can dream; and dream we shall.

Matt.

Yes, did know about it but have not tried it yet, ECML in real need of a mojor trim.
I was hoping that there may a choice to "select area" to delete like in the copy and paste section, but obviously not then. Oh well, maybe in the next version. :wave:

I just discovered it myself the other day!

You've got to be careful though. Sometimes the mouse loses its positioning, or is it that the program loses the mouse's position(?) so you can sometimes delete the wrong baseboard. I made that mistake and had to load from a backup.

John

Last edited:
One big problem with multi board deletion is that not all splines get deleted and then the route can crash. I always delete a board and replace with a blank board then I can check that the board is clear of any leftover bits.

Back