New to Trainz

MikeInPlano

I'm a railfan in the U.S. and just discovered Trainz. I'm not clear about "First Class Tickets" and haven't found anything yet on the Trainz site. Please direct me to a FAQ if there's one that answers this.

Can you give me an overview of what First Class Tickets is about? The obvious part is it has to do with higher download speeds, but what else? For $120 lifetime subscription I'd like to know more about this service before I decide to buy it.

Thanks

A FCT not only allows you faster download speeds, it also allows you to download more.
You do not have to have a FCT to download, but at present there have been problems with the server since just before the christmas break meaning its quite difficult for non-FCT users to download stuff. However, if you have the money for it then it wouldn't be a bad idea to get one.

Joe

If you have an FCT, you have an un-limited amount of MByte's to download per day
No FCT means 100 megabytes a day maximum
That may sound like a lot, but some large, detailed routes have thousands if assets that stack up to 100's of megabytes

If you have FCT, you can download at hundreds of kilobytes per second, while no FCT has 10kbytes max

You're also helping auran keep the DLS up, as the DLS costs hundreds of dollars per week

Jamie

If you have already purchased a copy of Trainz then you will need to register it (the Register link on the top left of this screen) before you can access any Downloads or get an FCT.

Back