New Aircraft

Noel, your cousin's won lotto looks like they are rebuilding :hehe:

Wellington taxiway intersection

Gordon

Wellington taxiway intersection

Gordon
Hi Gordon,

I really like the way you have set up your Airport and the way you have "Aircraft Movements" set up. I am curious as to some of your items used though and hoped you can help me out.

The "tarmac base" you have used does not seem to be the same texture as the one provided by Minitrix, his blank little square part seems a bit lighter then yours. I know Minitrix has various parts but you seem to have used a Yellow Apron Marker spline (which I have) but then your curves are near perfect so I am thinking you may have found something else. If not then I think you have used the yellow spline over the top of an invisible track just for the required effect. I see a circular area "line" and that I have not seen before.

In your first screenshot above, I think you need an Exhust Shield otherwise you may blow away the buildings, kuid:30577:27000, :hehe:

Overall the effect is quite amazing, congratulations on some great work.

Craig
:):):)

The A10 is a now version 2, two models on the DLS:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]60238:9526:2
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]60238:9538:2
[/FONT]60238:51015:2
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
Ian
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Hello Ian,

Simply great models. Gota collect'em all so to speak. I am a big aircraft enthusiast and these are really great to have in Trainz :)

Gordon, that airport is amazing. Well done :)

Makes me want to add a working airport to my fictional route I am building now.

Cheers

Trent

This guy could compete in Red Bull!
15610bf1091.jpg

15610bf1092.jpg

15610bf1093.jpg

15610bf1094.jpg

15610bf1095.jpg

15610bf1096.jpg

15610bf1097.jpg

15610bf1098.jpg

15610bf1099.jpg

Jamie

Great, now i gotta go download this, the Spit, the Mustang...ah hell, the whole lot of 'em, just so i can put a low-level track on my museum route and strafe my trains:hehe:.

(and bomb, and rocket, and ram...)

Hey guys,

I've downloaded Vulcan's great commercial aircraft and airport terminal and taxiway set, and I thought I'd share some pics:

isaacg_20100615_0022.jpg

isaacg_20100616_0010.jpg

isaacg_20100616_0018.jpg

isaacg_20100616_0024.jpg

isaacg_20100617_0015.jpg

isaacg_20100617_0003.jpg

isaacg_20100617_0015.jpg

isaacg_20100617_0028.jpg

Hi Gordon,

I really like the way you have set up your Airport and the way you have "Aircraft Movements" set up. I am curious as to some of your items used though and hoped you can help me out.

The "tarmac base" you have used does not seem to be the same texture as the one provided by Minitrix, his blank little square part seems a bit lighter then yours. I know Minitrix has various parts but you seem to have used a Yellow Apron Marker spline (which I have) but then your curves are near perfect so I am thinking you may have found something else. If not then I think you have used the yellow spline over the top of an invisible track just for the required effect. I see a circular area "line" and that I have not seen before.

In your first screenshot above, I think you need an Exhust Shield otherwise you may blow away the buildings, kuid:30577:27000, :hehe:

Overall the effect is quite amazing, congratulations on some great work.

Craig

Ok Craig here goes,

Tarmac base is on DLS look for

Airport ramp surface by zatovisualworks

the yellow lines are also there's

the yellow lines are placed over top of invisible track bnsf (blue)
all track curves and yellow curves are hand placed, no template 90% of the yellow lines have track under them.

I'm a watchmaker by trade and i can pick up an error in a spring half the thickness of a human hair so this is easy.

circular area line is also free hand. The pushback tractors reverse all aircraft out of the dock and tow them to staging, at that point they uncouple and return to there staging via a dedicated route.

In the bottom picture i now have animated people walking out to the aircraft and i have placed animated people in the terminal.

Wellington airport is under redevelopment at the moment so this is my version of how it should end up. I'm glad you like my work so far.

Gordon

GoogleEarth Wellington Airport

GoogleNZLD Wellington Airport

Is this better Craig.

Don't forget the crash crews

Gordon

Well I see it is my fault, for a few weeks there were no pictures posted, now a flood, great. Makes a difference if you have a few toys to play with.

Nice shots Gordon and I see Isaac has a surplus of control towers, I wonder who is on charge there.

There will be some upgrades to some of the fixed track modules, to make them snap together. The new Y junction and 60 degree turnouts will be uploaded tomorrow, the three sections snap together to make the required turnaround module, and of course you can select the direction you want to go, by clicking on the segments to change direction.

taxiturnout3450.jpg

I have corrected the terminal destination stopping points for the pushback tractor, but will do some more checking before uploading.

The four Herkey birds are now on the DLS, two RAAF, a United States Coast Guard version, and the AC-130 USAF Spectre gunship. The latter mounts an operating 105mm Howitzer in the fuselage and a Gatling gun. Careful you don't shoot yourself.

All load passengers at the terminal, they can load some of my product, a D9 dozer, an Abrams tank and three versions of Jeep - the jeeps are VinnyBarb's original creations converted to products, with permission. A commercial airport is in the pipeline, but a some way off yet.

One of the RAAF versions:

herculesraaf450.jpg

The Hercules is a slow aircraft, I have set the takeoff speed at 120 kph (the speed the landing gear retracts, you can change that) so please hold the speed down till you lift off on the longer takeoff track, otherwise there may be some pilots on the job market. :hehe:

Hope you enjoy them, please read the config for a description of functions and key usage.

Ian

Last edited:
Vulcan Thanks for your magnificent work! I love airplanes and cargo ships can be controlled, and especially the Hercules who was waiting, and the fighter planes that come great for a route, thanks for your work, I feel my language but I am Spanish and used the translator jeje.
Greetings.;);)

I like the idea of a route "Airport". If you included each and every airport asset, and every airplane on the DLS, people would not have to hunt and download them all singly.

I saw a route like this that had all of dmdrake's trees. :cool: Cool idea !

I'm planning including each and every loco and railcar known to US and Canada on a route...I think that is a bit much content though...but an interesting idea ?

On my route I plan to have at least 5 airports all connected with BNSF50's invisatrack as aerial flyways. (State College, Blair County, Blue Knob, Johnstown, Moshannon Mid State, airports).

Last edited:
Ok Craig here goes,

Tarmac base is on DLS look for

Airport ramp surface by zatovisualworks

the yellow lines are also there's

the yellow lines are placed over top of invisible track bnsf (blue)
all track curves and yellow curves are hand placed, no template 90% of the yellow lines have track under them.

I'm a watchmaker by trade and i can pick up an error in a spring half the thickness of a human hair so this is easy.

circular area line is also free hand. The pushback tractors reverse all aircraft out of the dock and tow them to staging, at that point they uncouple and return to there staging via a dedicated route.

In the bottom picture i now have animated people walking out to the aircraft and i have placed animated people in the terminal.

Wellington airport is under redevelopment at the moment so this is my version of how it should end up. I'm glad you like my work so far.

Gordon
Thanks for your help Gordon, it's much appreciated. I had forgotten about Alberte's Airport content so I will look at that now.

I had had a look at Sydney's Airport in Google Earth and the line markings are somewhat different to Wellington. While I am sure this has to do with the overall layout of an Airport, many would be different and as long as a "system" works it should do fine.

Many thanks again,

Craig

Back