What exactly did I buy and download???

aquila40

I purchased and downloaded Trainz Routes vol. 3, installed it by clicking on it, and launched Trainz2006. There's no listing of the new routes in "Driver" so I checked "Surveyor" and there they were ... but now it's as if I have to create a session somehow. I was led to believe that I was buying the same type of sessions included in the basic Trainz2006 CD. I haven't the time to learn how to use Surveyor.

"It contains 6 highly detailed layouts created by Trainz owners and is ready to install straight into Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006." per the text in the shop page.

Well, I don't think it installs straight into TRS2006 ... a bit of misleading advertising, I'd say. The "layout" looks no different from one under construction. If locos and rolling stock are included, it's not apparent.

Any suggestions?

Just because you didn't understand it doesn't mean it's misleading.....you got the routes, but there was nothing in the description that said there were sessions included. It won't show in Driver unless you put something on the route to drive....this is basic stuff....there was absolutely nothing mentioned about locos or other rolling stock included in the package. These are just routes.....you got what you paid for...the missing stuff is just in your imagination...:p

I guess a veteran would know that ...

After a bit of tinkering with the route in Surveyor, I've figured out that I needed to add a train and save the session.

What you mentioned might not be as apparent to a newbie but it was fun trying to figure it out.

He's right,in some of the new routes you need to go into surveyor,add a train/consist,save & then the route should become available in driver.

I use trainz complete collection which includes TRS04,TRS06 & routes 1 through 4 for TRS06 & that's what I had to do to get the new stuff working although some of the routes won't load due to missing or faulty assets & the darn subway consists aren't drivable.

What you mentioned might not be as apparent to a newbie but it was fun trying to figure it out.
Lot of "newbies" are sometimes recycled oldies....perhaps you are a newbie, but you handled Auran dissing like an old pro....:cool:

I guess you can check if any of those layouts have sessions made for that you might find at the DLS!

You never know ... :)

Ish

Thanks to all for the help ...

Thanks to my tinkering I've figured out how to use some of the routes I downloaded from the DLS. I guess I just wanted to get into the cab and take off ... TRS is such an engaging product and this little experience has encouraged me to take a closer look at Surveyor!

Thanks again!

Once in Surveyor!

Thanks to my tinkering I've figured out how to use some of the routes I downloaded from the DLS. I guess I just wanted to get into the cab and take off ... TRS is such an engaging product and this little experience has encouraged me to take a closer look at Surveyor!

Thanks again!

Hi,
Once in Surveyor you might find it difficult to come out again, it is a really fascinating experience.
I create routes but never put rolling stock on because I believe folk like to run their own favourites and that being the case will take the stuff off I put on anyway. And it also means extending the download of assets for locomotives and some of those can be very large, up to 5 Mb each.

Hope you are enjoying tinkering now, a jolly good tinker does us all good now and then.

Angela

I purchased all those route packs a few years back and also couldn't get them to work. Like aquila40, I read the advertising blurb and not the instructions, if there ever were any. It makes sense now so I might blow off the dust and re-visit them.

Back