Question for Everyone

ScottDavies

Hey everyone,

I have not posted much here but i do often visit the site. Anyway I have downloaded alot of routes and content (all Freeware) over the past few months and am wanting to know, especialy from the creators of the content on the download station and elsewhere, if it is ok with you if I go through and fix errors on the faulty content and then upload it to the download station.
I am currently running trainz 2009 so everything I fix would be so if someone else downloads it they will not have any faulty content. Also any suggestions or comments on if i need to give credit to the creators of the content since i am just fixing the errors i get for 2009. If i need to give credit to the creator of the content then how do i add that to the content so it does not create an error.
I hope to hear form everyone soon so i can start uploading my fixed content for trainz 2009.

Thanks,
Scott

Hey everyone,

I have not posted much here but i do often visit the site. Anyway I have downloaded alot of routes and content (all Freeware) over the past few months and am wanting to know, especialy from the creators of the content on the download station and elsewhere, if it is ok with you if I go through and fix errors on the faulty content and then upload it to the download station.
I am currently running trainz 2009 so everything I fix would be so if someone else downloads it they will not have any faulty content. Also any suggestions or comments on if i need to give credit to the creators of the content since i am just fixing the errors i get for 2009. If i need to give credit to the creator of the content then how do i add that to the content so it does not create an error.
I hope to hear form everyone soon so i can start uploading my fixed content for trainz 2009.

Thanks,
Scott

You may not correct errors and upload the corrections to the DLS. There are a number of people trying to work out how to correct the DLS. Points to remember you may only upload your own kuid assets to the DLS, you may only upload a reskin if you have the original content creators permission.

It is a problem area and for the most transparent solution it needs Auran on board with the solution. There are others who have corrected much of the content.

Cheerio John

Back