LV - The Forks of the Delaware

Status
Not open for further replies.
patience

LOL - Indeed, patience............

I am just getting started with some of the expansion described in earlier post regarding "future plans".
And, as always, have additional projects going at same time ( model building, repainting, etc.)........so all in due time.

But, thanks for the anticipation,

Mark

I saw the post, and got excited, I work in Easton. However, when I got onto the page, it said that photobucket had exceeded it's bandwidth :'(. is there any other way I can see the picture?

Webhosting?

I can see where this is going to be an on-going problem......since I like to post a lot of progress shots.........and, I really don't want to remove all the previous sections already completed whenever I want to post NEW sections for display.

I HAD a website created on "Tripod/Lycos" from back in my MSTS days.........but when I went there to update it for the Trainz layout......I discovered the nice people at Tripod had deleted all my work there!!

So........does anyone have any suggestions for good FREE webhosting sites that would be more reliable?
Thanks,
Mark

I can see where this is going to be an on-going problem......since I like to post a lot of progress shots.........and, I really don't want to remove all the previous sections already completed whenever I want to post NEW sections for display.

I HAD a website created on "Tripod/Lycos" from back in my MSTS days.........but when I went there to update it for the Trainz layout......I discovered the nice people at Tripod had deleted all my work there!!

So........does anyone have any suggestions for good FREE webhosting sites that would be more reliable?
Thanks,
Mark

For photo hosting you could try http://www.hostthenpost.org/ the photos will get deleted after i think 30 or 90 days of not being viewed. but from the bandwidth exceed thing tells me you don't need to worry about that.

photo hosting

Dylan: For photo hosting you could try http://www.hostthenpost.org/ the photos will get deleted after i think 30 or 90 days of not being viewed.

Thanks for the suggestion,but.....the photos getting deleted after a number of days......that does not solve the problem.

I switched everything over from Photobucket, to Picasa/Google .........but that does not seem to fix problem either, as pics are disappearing from there also.

Really seems to me.......only solution would be to have them on MY OWN website.......where I control what happens.

So........again...........any ideas, anyone, as to good, free webhosting sites???

Mark

Kree8tivitee:
Beyondhosting.net
Best webhosting avalible on the web. It does cost money, but you get one hell of a good host, and very good customer support.
Sean

freewebs

Yes........ruled-out "freewebs"........the "free" version only allows you 100 files, and they limit your total disk usage to 40mb, and limit your monthly bandwith usage - which would cause same problem I now have.

freewebs seems to be more for the "mom & pop" , baby picture blog people.

Damage Control

Well...........once again, I have moved my pics to different site for photohosting.......
trying to repair the "damage" from Photobucket's removing the pics for exceeding their bandwidth limit.

For now, everything seems to be back in place, and hopefully this solves the problem.........emphasis on "hopefully"!!

No new content posted yet........just repair.

Mark

JCitron:

Yes, just working on this project has evoked many memories for me as well...........and it's pretty cool that thought that am able to do same for others.

Needless to say, that McDonalds was not there during time I am recreating......in fact, I have left most of that area vacant, except for a corner diner.......because that is how I remember it the most.

Photos from the 20's and 30's show a meat company and other structures there........but whether they were razed for urban renewal, or suffered a fire........during my time, it was all gone.

Can remember times they had the Circus on that plot of ground......and wouldn't surprise me to learn they brought it in on a Circus train, since station just across the street......Hmm, perhaps a future project there?

We also used Rt. 611 to get to Philly.....father was a big Willy Mays fan, so anytime Giants played Philly, we'd go.......of course, back then, was at the old Connie Mack Stadium in North Philly (an adventure unto itself - LOL).

thanks for comments,
Mark

That would make sense, Mark. The areas do change and for the worse sometimes. Sadly urban renewal has destroyed many areas in the country. It would have been great to have seen the circus train at the station. Is the CNJ bridge used at all? It's hard to tell from the MS Live (Bing) pictures). I noticed that one of the lines is ripped up to the east, and in your depiction here, it is quite busy.

North Philly is quite an interesting area. ;) I was scared sht-less driving through there. I'm usually not bothered by cities or poor areas, but that was a bit different - more like Roxbury or Dorchester in the Boston area. I couldn't wait until I made it on to Cityline Avenue and out to Overbrook Park.

John

I use photobucket, but I don't know how much Pro costs if you say you really have more than the limited space of images. I, so fare even with all of my images, only have used 18%, and I recommend not upgrading until you have to.

www.photobucket.com

Joshua

Hey Kree8tiviT, sorry to hijack the thread, but I just wanted to let you know that something went wrong with the cars that you uploaded to the DLS. For some reason, the wheels are jet black rather than textured like they should be. I tried to fix it manually, but I could not find where the wheels were mapped to. It is on every single car though.

This route is amazing! Like I said before I work in easton, and it is great to see what the easton area looked like decades before. I work over at the National Canal Museum in centre square, and if you need anything for details along the canal, I can see what I can get for you. for example, I noticed the lock under the north branch bridge. The gate downstream is a mitre gate like you have on the layout, the gate upstream would have been a drop gate. instead of opening like a set of doors, the top would drop down like a hinge to allow for faster operation on the lock. and I believe around the bridge was the area where the toll collectors house was located.

canals

LNEpenargyl:
I work over at the National Canal Museum in centre square, and if you need anything for details along the canal, I can see what I can get for you.

Hey, greetings to the Slate Belt and the Green Knights.

In my day, the Canal Museum was located down on Rt. 611, beneath the two bridges spanning the Delaware.
The locks you see now are just crude temporary ones....I intend one day to try to model more realistic equipment for that purpose. I am currently working on the extension from the Glendon Bridge west to Steel City, Freemansburg, and Bethlehem. There is a lot more canal work going on out to the Allentown area.....so I probably won't attempt until all those areas close to completion so I can replace them all at once.
but.....I WILL keep your offer in mind......as most likely will need some prototype input......all I have photographed are just some old gear-works out by the Chain Dam locks, so the help there will be appreciated.

thanks again,
Mark

Last edited:
This route is amazing! Like I said before I work in easton, and it is great to see what the easton area looked like decades before. I work over at the National Canal Museum in centre square, and if you need anything for details along the canal, I can see what I can get for you. for example, I noticed the lock under the north branch bridge. The gate downstream is a mitre gate like you have on the layout, the gate upstream would have been a drop gate. instead of opening like a set of doors, the top would drop down like a hinge to allow for faster operation on the lock. and I believe around the bridge was the area where the toll collectors house was located.

would you have any information (or photos) do u have on the canal that went from Easton down to Trenton. on the NJ side of the river? even thought it didn't exist durning the time i'm modeling it would be nice to still have photos from that era cuss i hope to model that era after I'm done 1950's and modern day era

FYI i'm modeling the BDRV that paced along side the cannal i'm i'm quite sure it's the #1 reason why it closed down so long ago.

and off topic a bit would you know or have any information on that tram line that ran along side the canal between riegalsville (i know it extended south from their but idk where) and easton? Particulary and pictures? i would love to make it at some point in time.

Kree8tiviT

I was wondering when you get to reigalsville would you want some help corectly modeling the train station for that town? i did a TON of reasherch in to that station. it burned down in i think 1967 and never was re-built (it was struck by lightning i think) The platforum is still their also when i did some digging i found the doorway that was faceing the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back