LV - The Forks of the Delaware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the answer to my car question. I shall look forward to them whenever you manage to get around to it. :)

flashbacks

JCitron:
When I saw your first "photo" looking at the CNJ bridge from the LV side, I got a flashback

Yes, just working on this project has evoked many memories for me as well...........and it's pretty cool that thought that am able to do same for others.

Needless to say, that McDonalds was not there during time I am recreating......in fact, I have left most of that area vacant, except for a corner diner.......because that is how I remember it the most.

Photos from the 20's and 30's show a meat company and other structures there........but whether they were razed for urban renewal, or suffered a fire........during my time, it was all gone.

Can remember times they had the Circus on that plot of ground......and wouldn't surprise me to learn they brought it in on a Circus train, since station just across the street......Hmm, perhaps a future project there?

We also used Rt. 611 to get to Philly.....father was a big Willy Mays fan, so anytime Giants played Philly, we'd go.......of course, back then, was at the old Connie Mack Stadium in North Philly (an adventure unto itself - LOL).

thanks for comments,
Mark

2 questions and a comment...

Oddly enough I seen a concrete bridge support on one of your bridges. Do you know where you got that?

Where can I get the LV coal cars?

Comment-Your layout looks very nice with very good detail but...what's wrong with using my LV repaints? I seen everybody elses LV work, but not mine.:(

there's one on the DLS by sureshot28 and there's one on RRmods

Comment-Your layout looks very nice with very good detail but...what's wrong with using my LV repaints? I seen everybody elses LV work, but not mine.:(
I'll take this time to make a comment. from the photo on the DLS Your F7's have white trucks instead of black witch makes them look off.
see this picture for reference http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/tr_lv578.jpg

Also i personally try to avoid downloading any default SW7/FA1 re-skin no matter the quality of the texture the model just makes it look off.

there's one on the DLS by sureshot28 and there's one on RRmods

I'll take this time to make a comment. from the photo on the DLS Your F7's have white trucks instead of black witch makes them look off.
see this picture for reference http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/tr_lv578.jpg

Also i personally try to avoid downloading any default SW7/FA1 re-skin no matter the quality of the texture the model just makes it look off.

I made darker trucks for myself on the FA1 and F7a&b's. I couldn't remember where I got the original trucks at so I never uploaded them. But I would gladly update them if needed.

I made darker trucks for myself on the FA1 and F7a&b's. I couldn't remember where I got the original trucks at so I never uploaded them. But I would gladly update them if needed.

Try justin's (norfolksouthern37) trucks over at jointed rail he already has some black trucks available.

repaints

It seems Dylan has appointed himself as my spokesperson -LOL
Well, despite his enthusiasm.......

MrScott:

Oddly enough I seen a concrete bridge support on one of your bridges. Do you know where you got that?

1. Don't know which bridge your referring to......but pretty sure all the bridge supports used are from the DLS

2. The LV coal cars are my own repaints of the H62R hoppers originally modeled by (I believe) Joram.

MrScott:
but...what's wrong with using my LV repaints? I seen everybody elses LV work, but not mine

3. Because I do my own repaints......and so, naturally, prefer to use my own work where possible.

Mark

Kree8tiviT;480947 [I said:
3. Because I do my own repaints......and so, naturally, prefer to use my own work where possible.

Mark
[/I]

And what work you do. You made those dated RS3s look like a new locomotive.

I found the bridge support. It's in the 4th picture in this thread. Where did you get that. I've search the DLS, I never seen that one.

I take it that the Lackawanna & Erie coal cars are re-paint too?

bridge support

MrScott:
I found the bridge support. It's in the 4th picture in this thread. Where did you get that. I've search the DLS, I never seen that one.

I take it that the Lackawanna & Erie coal cars are re-paint too?

I believe that bridge support is one of the FMA ones......not sure, but think it is a "spline".

Not quite everything...but almost everything shown are repaints, yes.....so, if you haven't seen it elsewhere before, would be a safe bet.

HH660

Dylanviey: BTW I'm loving that Erie PS2 hopper. That will go great with my Erie Alco HH-660 I'm working on.

The HH660 is looking good.........

Where on your route are you planning to use it? I believe Erie only used them at their larger yards.....like Jersey or Hoboken.

Also.......would have to check on this cause not sure......but I think the rearward facing cab windows were two different sizes.....one of them smaller than other........but again, not positive.

Looking nice tho........maybe convert to the 1000 model.

The HH660 is looking good.........

Where on your route are you planning to use it? I believe Erie only used them at their larger yards.....like Jersey or Hoboken.

Also.......would have to check on this cause not sure......but I think the rearward facing cab windows were two different sizes.....one of them smaller than other........but again, not positive.

Looking nice tho........maybe convert to the 1000 model.

The Alco HH-660 was a request by Tbob. I Don't know if the windows where different window sizes on the Erie but they wherel like that on the NH HH-660 (witch that's what the mesh is for in those renders)

and to my knowledge they where not used anywhere near the BDRV

Well, we know where at least one of those '50's cars came from. Nice reskin of my 1959 Chev Impala.

1_627.jpg

reskin

dinorius:
Nice reskin of my 1959 Chev Impala.
thnx......did a couple, actually......blue, black, silver, and red.
Assume you don't mind, since you seemed to encourage repaints of your other projects; i.e. the semi trailers.

Regards,
Mark

Not at all. Why don't you release them to the DLS under your kuids? A sizable 1950's crowd will thank you for it. Just credit the original is all I ask. I've been made aware my wheels are not truly '50's (more like '70's) so it might be worth reskinning them while you're at it.

~ Deane

Those are great looking custom stations! Are you eventually going to release those stations to DLS like Phillipsburg, Easton, etc? Great route.

impalas

Dinorius: Not at all. Why don't you release them to the DLS under your kuids?

Did not want to do so til sure you had no objection. I have a ton of projects "in the works", so not sure when will get to uploading.....hopefully, near future.

Mark

Last edited:
stations

RWK:
Those are great looking custom stations! Are you eventually going to release those stations to DLS like Phillipsburg, Easton, etc? Great route
Thank you...
I want (and am searching for) better people to inhabit the stations before considering any upload of them. If I can locate, great....otherwise, would just have to make my own.

Particularly looking for people that look more appropriate for the era I am recreating.
Most I've found are too "stick-figure-ish" and look as if drawn from an episode of South Park - LOL.
Better looking people have been uploaded by user "jjgill" (not correct name, but best I remember).....altho they are sort of too modern looking. Have repainted a few of those, but results are sketchy at best.

I am under impression TRZ2009 version has better people, but also believe they do not work in 2006 version.........so if anyone has a lead on something, would be glad to know.

Mark

You could try Nikoli's (I'm sorry for the butchering of the spelling, it's late and all, didn't have my coffee ethier.:hehe: ) animated people. They're absolutley superb.

Take care,

Ryan:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back