Page 1042 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 42542942992103210401041104210431044 ... LastLast
Results 15,616 to 15,630 of 15689

Thread: GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Quote Originally Posted by dundun92 View Post
    Thanks, Alex.

Thanks to korvtiger, I think I have finally perfected the Walschaerts valve gear. This demonstration video shows it running on my USRA Light 2-8-2 in both the forward and reverse position.

You're very welcome! Out of curiosity, are these industrial shunters TRS19 only or are you planning on releasing them for other versions too?

And your USRA Mikado is looking great. My Grandfather's first locomotive he drove was an Erie 2-8-2 when he got a job as a driver during WW2. Your attention to detail is perfect for this model!
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

All my models will likely be TRS19 only for now, as I have a lot to do. Modeling any other versions would be if I had any spare time (Maybe when the TRS19 ones are finished).

Commonwealth Railways GOX Open Wagon

Australian National Railways RKWY Open Wagon

Mapped and ready to go into Mixer.

WAGR G Class - 4-6-0 class

Content by Trainz89 & QHR Trainz

Hello,

due to a brake in conntent creation during quite a long time, I am not up to date anymore about the latest possibilities. Therefore please be patient with me when I ask a question, about things everybody probably already knows.

As I can see here, there must be a tool named "Quixel Mixer".

Does it mean that we can create a mesh structure in gmax, to bring it over to the Quixel Mixer, to apply textures onto it maintaining the latest texture standards - like PBR?

If yes, I would say thank you to the people who created that tool to provide a way to stay with gmax in conntent creation as I find mesh creations in blender very hard and I never could get into it as required to really work with blender.

Also I would like to ask about a link where I can get that Quixel Mixer and perhapps there are some instructions available how to use it.

In case my conclusiuons are right, it would be great as is would solve some problems to me. When I will take over my project from T:ANE to TS19, I will need to update the gound textures to PBR ground textures. Therefore I already created PBR replacements for all of my ground textures. But in addition to this I also need to update all struktures like track splines and bridges maintaining PBR textures. I guess it would look not very good if the gravel bed of a non PBR textured track would lay in a PBR gound texture.

Thanks in advance four your answers.

Your's TUME

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

PBR only works with FBX and Gmax can not do that.

Blog Entries

Default Cigarette Vending Machine 1960

Das Banale zum Existenziellen zu erheben, ist die Königsdisziplin der Dummen. (Stephan Sarek)

A progress shot on WAGR G Class 123, with new WAGR standard boiler, boiler jacket, firebox, crown stays and in Koombana Queen colours. The whistle and safeties are just old placeholders, which will be upgraded with new mesh and rivets. Eventually, all these will be used to redo to TANE standards, my SAR Y & YX classes, which some ended up being used on WA Timber Tramways along with the 2-6-0 G class types.

Regards
    Mich
    Content by Trainz89 & QHR Trainz

Quote Originally Posted by tume View Post
    Hello,

due to a brake in conntent creation during quite a long time, I am not up to date anymore about the latest possibilities. Therefore please be patient with me when I ask a question, about things everybody probably already knows.

As I can see here, there must be a tool named "Quixel Mixer".

Does it mean that we can create a mesh structure in gmax, to bring it over to the Quixel Mixer, to apply textures onto it maintaining the latest texture standards - like PBR?

If yes, I would say thank you to the people who created that tool to provide a way to stay with gmax in conntent creation as I find mesh creations in blender very hard and I never could get into it as required to really work with blender.

Also I would like to ask about a link where I can get that Quixel Mixer and perhapps there are some instructions available how to use it.

In case my conclusiuons are right, it would be great as is would solve some problems to me. When I will take over my project from T:ANE to TS19, I will need to update the gound textures to PBR ground textures. Therefore I already created PBR replacements for all of my ground textures. But in addition to this I also need to update all struktures like track splines and bridges maintaining PBR textures. I guess it would look not very good if the gravel bed of a non PBR textured track would lay in a PBR gound texture.

Thanks in advance four your answers.

Your's TUME
    Yes, you can download it here: https://quixel.com/mixer. The base software is free and a great alternative to Substance Painter. I create my models in blender, then texture them in Quixel Mixer.

See this thread: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...-PBR-texturing

Here is an introduction to it. You can find more tutorials on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wThy...channel=Quixel
    Last edited by dundun92; March 8th, 2021 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dundun92 View Post
    Yes, you can download it here: https://quixel.com/mixer. The base software is free and a great alternative to Substance Painter. I create my models in blender, then texture them in Quixel Mixer.

See this thread: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...-PBR-texturing

Here is an introduction to it. You can find more tutorials on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wThy...channel=Quixel

Thank you very much for your answer and for the links!
    I hope this will help to get PBR-textures onto some of my assets.
    Ok - you created your mesh im blender and textured it in the Mixer. But may be there is also a way to create the mesh in gmax and to texture it in de mixer as well. This also would be great as I want to use the meshes I have already created. Eventually it is just to get PBR onto my bridge and track meshes which already been created.

Your's TUME

some of my assets.
    Ok - you created your mesh im blender and textured it in the Mixer. But may be there is also a way to create the mesh in gmax and to texture it in de mixer as well. This also would be great as I want to use the meshes I have already created. Eventually it is just to get PBR onto my bridge and track meshes which already been created.

Your's TUME
    Your welcome. If you can export it into either fbx or obj formats, yes you should be able to, as Mixer only takes obj or fbx 3d models.

Talking about Mixer, I have just PBR textured the interior of my Swedish State Railways class Sa steam engine in Mixer.

Some test renders in Blender using the built-in path tracer Cycles. A bit dark images maybe, but steam engine interior tend to be very dark.
    I am longing for some distant future when we might have real-time ray-tracing with correct indirect lighting in Trainz. That would make PBR-textured interiors automatically look this awesome in-game!

Thank you very much for your answer and for the links!
    I hope this will help to get PBR-textures onto some of my assets.

Your's TUME
    From personal experience when trying to get dragonharh's VIA Coach's into blender, it's a bit of a pain if you wanna keep the attachment points. However, if you don't care too much, you should be able to just use the obj exporter for gmax, and copy/paste the lines into a notepad file, then import the mesh into Quixal.