GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

I'm back.

d0bbf742301bb73c6fefc7039bffda59.jpg

Rock On!
~Duste

A very quick, as it turns out, project that I got inspiration for from another Trainzer...

Some concrete canals/waterways for Trainz in two sizes, with photo based textures, with full LOD, and use of the tbumpenv material with normals, env, and specular maps. Already in Trainz, but shown on a 'blank' route so should be ok here :)

2018-01-31%20002334.jpg

30m wide, by 9m deep

2018-01-31%20002305.jpg

90m wide, by 10.5m deep

Both are 40m long, with 10m segments on the highest LOD. Both share the same texture in the mesh-library, so hopefully performance should be good even if you use both on the same map :)

Shouldn't be too long before I can upload them!

Regards
Zec

Now thats a very fine looking cabin car. Although the chimney looks just slightly out of place to me, being on top of the cupola like that. But then again, the PRR had their own way of doing things.

The chimney looks just slightly out of place to me, being on top of the cupola like that.

An odd place place for a chimney? Yes......Accurate for pretty much all N5c Cabooses? Also Yes.

It appears to be one of the only PRR Cabooses who's chimney was located there. The N5, N6b and N8 cabooses all had theres in front of the cupola, but on top of the cupola on N5c. I'd imagine it acted as an extra heat source to whoever had to sit next to pipe leading to the chimney when stationed up there.

Trying to work up a Nippon-Sharyo P865. This was actually a project someone of mine and I have been working on. Frankly, the real deal he gave me was a SketchUp, but cleaning up the faces & trying to build a interior is a PAIN. So I screwed the model, and did a fresher one from a basic cube.....to this.
xf64qwU.png

I completely rebuilt the tender. I had gone by a B&O style tender, but now I have a front elevation view of the engine and tender I was able to model it more accurately.

26bf7e0be2b7eb556a04ab378d942a12.jpg

tPpnwn7.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

Last edited:
Back