Japan

Here's my Yamanote Line route screenshoots.
Nishi-Nippori Station:

Kanda Station:

Akihabara Station:
QUOTE]

:clap: Simply amazing. Looks like the real thing. (at leas what I've seen from carbides on youtube). Is this DLC also then or free ware. Anyway doesn't matter to me the Yamanote line is a must have.

uh hey pagroov. what happened to the pic of the Nippori Station? it's not showing up.

Hi Railshutte I don't know but it says 'post deleted'. Looks like the screenshots where up for a short time. I can assure you though that it looked very realistic. In other news. I'm in the process of extending the network in Central city with new lines. Also thinking of a freight depot.

Oh. man I wish I could've caught a glimpse of it before the screenshot was taken down. Ah sounds like you're gonna do some major extentions coming out of Central City. Cool!! will they be narrow gauged, standard or both? Yeah a freight depot would be cool. those citizens in your cities and workers gonna have something to buy and do LOL!!

Hey Andi. gotta question. where did you get the cantenary for these pictures? I've been looking for them for a while.
7602b0be2e14ac58f44cac874448276a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good luck to you and Hirochi on the E5. Man that thing has a really long nose on it!! almost like a dragster!!!

Last edited:
Oh. man I wish I could've caught a glimpse of it before the screenshot was taken down. Ah sounds like you're gonna do some major extentions coming out of Central City. Cool!! will they be narrow gauged, standard or both? Yeah a freight depot would be cool. those citizens in your cities and workers gonna have something to buy and do LOL!!

Hey Andi. gotta question. where did you get the cantenary for these pictures? I've been looking for them for a while.
7602b0be2e14ac58f44cac874448276a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Good luck to you and Hirochi on the E5. Man that thing has a really long nose on it!! almost like a dragster!!!
The catenary it's my creation, you can buy it with my trains set.

oh so the cantenary comes with the train?!! I thought they would be like a separate item like scenery or a track side object.
The Yamante line pics are really cool. I'm gonna take a wild guess here but the pic with the green viaduct, That would be near Shinjuku station, right?
Did you update your Tokyo metro trains yet? you mention earlier the engine or cabview was still a beta. Also do you have any free ware or demos. I normally decide on buying a product based on demos or freeware first.
Good luck on your projects.

You know, it would be awesome to have more characters from manga and anime. Here's a reasonable list of series like Pocket monsters (going as far as have a driver mesh of Gym Leader Dent/Cilan from the fifth generation of pokemon), Gampula (Gundam), One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, Zatch Bell, Naruto, Bleach, bobobo-bo bo-bobo, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, ToraDora, IGPX(Immortal Grand Prix, the racing one not the micro series version), maybe some studio Ghibli film items, or even Keroro Gunsou(Sgt. Frog). The fun part would be the animation of the characters where you could create live scenes at specific times in driver and still be able to edit normally in surveyor. To breath more life into your layout.

I wish there was a tool that would create zone boundaries for varying traffic levels. What I am talking about is, let's say you want to have a map with two large cities but you've got a good stretch of rural area between. Because of the way the region selector works, and the limited Japanese road spline resources (I'm not complaining about the content; its the system I'm putting under the head lamp). The traffic spawner is going to spawn traffic at the same levels, that you would see in your urban cores along your rural roads which looks odd when the roadway is not a highway. To better explain this, say you have two regions from the same country, let's say Kyoto Japan and rural Japan which are both on the DLS. You create a region boundary spline that encompasses your city with a complete loop (there are no holes in your loop otherwise it won't work), you go to the edit route where the game shows your majority region as rural Japan and the areas that need regional identification. The boundary/loop you created is region #1, then you go to the input screen for region #1 and select Kyoto Japan as your region within that boundary. Once done all traffic within your boundary is going to be much more dense than the traffic outside your boundary which remains as rural Japan. This would be useful on longer routes where traffic thins out the further out you go from the city.
Do you guys think this would be a useful tool?

When I get a better system to run my simulators and Autodesk's 3DS Max & Inventor, I'm going to really start making some Japanese content. But first I have some US commuter equipment commitments to uphold. So until then I am just route building.
Keimei, Tokkyu40, Hirochi, cmoehrle, is it okay if I upload a route onto the DLS containing the following layouts as a resource for anyone who wants to have a source of inspiration for making their own Japanese Trainz layouts?
I Merged - Kiha Japan - Autumn Mist - Ogoya Preservation - Izen-Torugako - Hakodate Model Trams - Sakogawa - Otuka Street - into a 3X15 base board layout.

Also does anyone know if you're allowed to distribute the 762mm and 1067mm track from the closed 750mm.trainzup? I want to use a better set of detailed tracks for the non mainline sections, than what I am using already which are the 30in & 42in track by pencil42 though his track is good for industry trackage.

Last edited:
Yeah marinemanta, that would be an interesting idea to have the traffic thin out somehow between the city and suburbs. Maybe that new trains program has addressed that issue. Anime driver mesh characters would be a nice touch. I wonder how Ryouga Hibiki would fare driving a JR freight..LOL!!
Looking forward to racing down the bullet train tracks with that new E5 Hirochi. Hoping it would get released along with that Japan Layout. perfect Christmas gift!! :)
As for me, I've finally finished the Sanito Loop line. These pics show the eastern city of East Port, the container yard, two of the subway station stops and the always busy Alstone station. I found out the polish trains are missing the p
4db2704cc66c33acb937b0b1447b2c01.png
[/URL][/IMG]antographs and the site that had them no longer exist. :( . So I guess I'll pretend they're DMUs untill I find out how to port the layout over the trainz 12. Enjoy the pics and take care everyone!!

My ₵25

I was working with the content from Hirochi, Keimei, Kenchiro, hanshin9501, Tokkyu40 and PJAMA. The results are beginning to turn to a similar caliber as Dermmy's Kenchiro route that most of know about(also he has re released it). Though it is not as far and I am not able to get off with "not putting much effort into" what I do. I am making some good progress, I am hoping to merge the route I'm working on with Pagroove's Colden Shinkansen on the northern end of his route. The route I'm working on is supposed to reflect the Island of Hokkaido, first I want to know what city regions Northropp and Colden represent, expand the and figure out what kind of transition to make as a representation for Sendai, Aomori, the Seiken tunnel, Hakodate and Sapporo. I am going to make as many references to multiple anime and manga as appropriate. But if I finish, I want to make another route the merges into Colden Shinkansen from the south that roughly represents Kyushu. Well I guess this means collaboration time!

I am using Otaku Street a my starting base for the layout, I would like to include another pair of routes called Ogoya preservation, and Hakodate trams in this map.

Initially I was going to electrify the route but when I looked at map of Hokkaido I realized that there where no beach fronts that ran north south in the way I am making the route, also I noticed when you're rotating a route in the map merging mode; it won't come out the way you rotate it. So I am in the process of reducing the number of standard gauge tracks on the route. To replicate the Esashi line 3'6" under heavier traffic demand with a standard gauge line for freight use.

ojBT2Ll.jpg

Vf0qHY3.jpg

ynR9bHU.jpg

I am probably not going to build this city up any more that it already is, I even included a mock up of Hikarigaoka/Highton View Terrace that I'm going to move to the area with the representation of Hakodate.
W5t6gUf.jpg

I replaced much of the original tree and bush scenery with speed tree and polifig content. It.
looks nice though.
CaTOPZa.jpg

UJcSAOP.jpg

I'm even tossing in a fictional branch line for the museum that I'm placing onto this route.
x37oask.jpg

Eq7KhUq.jpg

BBIRjdX.jpg

A Museum in progress, with mini trains that are cannon to the ones at the Railway Museum (Saitama), and a steam program (facility) that will enable users of this layout to justify the use of steam locomotives on contemporary trackage. I am designing the branch line so that users can loop around the branch portion of the layout and wind up in the same starting position at the near by station at journey's end. Which means you drive foward from the museum and then back into the museum.
3MXloK1.jpg

Anyways, my current line represents the western end of Esashi Line that has been upgraded for heavier traffic before Hakodate (if your traveling north). I am preparing to use seasonal terrain textures to create snowy sessions (I am going to have to stop using and remove the Polifig trees on this route since they are not seasonal), hopefully a snow rule could be available to make everything become covered in snow and create higher frame rates. I plan to make the junction that represents kikonai. Then I want to include a representation of the Hokkaido Shinkansen, running into Aomori. Then if I really feel motivated I want to reach and create a representation of Sapporo, I think I will make a fictional representation of the Hakodate Mainline (adding the Hokkaido Shinkansen) and maybe even the muroran/chioste mainline to Sapporo to go along with it.

I would like to thank the content creators from above for freely providing the content to the community. Because without their generosity none of what any of us have done would be possible.
I would like to show you guys some of my inspiration for this route from the following link. http://www.ideamsg.com/2012/02/tadashi-matsumoto/
Tadashi Matsumoto is an incredible artist and I am not only one in the train sim community that is drawing inspiration from his works. The guy in the following article also is drawing from these paintings for inspiration.
http://www.engine-driver.com/article/show/4654/interview-new-japanese-route-the-story-of-forest-rail

@ Railshuttle. That looks like good progress. I'm curious how the map of your total layout looks. :).

Hi Marinemania. Great screens already!

Sounds like a great idea to merge some existing Japan style layouts into one big one. And if you want you can indeed include the Colden Shinkansen. Although I have also my own plans to extend that. But the more layouts and merges the better. I'm all for more choice. So go ahead.

But you might want to wait a bit till I release an update for Electro Island. I have no time schedule for this but I want to release an updated TS12 version. When I released Electro Island It looked like it was converted OK but during building and testing this year I came across many conversion bugs. Splines that didn't attach etc. I corrected this (hopefully) in the new version although you can also of course fix some things yourself if you want. As I recall most problems where not on the Shinkansen line but on the other lines. Either fine anyway and I look forward to the results.

As for my Island. It does not represent any specific region of Japan. It started out as an Island to run some high speed trains on. So I first constructed the TGV circle line. The cities of Colden (in the South) and Northtropp (in the North) are entirely fictional as all cities on the Island. These cities are therefore mostly in European Style with Japanese styling around the stations.

I als have drawn a bigger regio map. So I have thought about a bit of Geofiction. I will post this map here when it's a bit more expanded.

The areas within Central City (To Shin) are inspired on shinkansen scenes (a bit Hakata, Tokyo and Osaka) merged in one city. The Central Valley area looks a bit of the plains North West of Omya station. But this is all fantasy.

Reason for making a shinkansen that there was none in Trainz. I liked playing Densha de Go Shinkansen so I wanted that in Trainz also. When there was enough content I started out. I now find myself buidling on the limits of what my old computer can handle. The future expansions are probably be a seperate layout.

Back